Do you think cryptocurrencies are a better option for cross-national payments?

We all know about the added fees which come with cross-national payments. I was thinking of adding crypto as a mode of payment on my website to get rid of the fees. Please guide me in the right direction.

1 Like

Hmm. :thinking: What’s the demographic of your customers? :open_mouth: I think if you have a tech-savvy bunch, that might work just fine. :open_mouth: But if your consumers are more traditional or non-techy, they might noe use it a lot but having it just as an option would be fine too. :blush:

Oh, I forgot to add! :smiley: What type of business is this? :smiley: That might also be something to consider.

Direct payments to your wallet or your wallet held by a 3rd party?

It could work, but buyers will want to know they can get a refund if necessary. That might keep crypto payers away. If it’s for say donations, then it isn’t that big of a deal.

I’ve seen payment processing fees as low as 1% when using a payment processing service.

@BillyBobPimpton Even lower, I’m paying 0.5% to the Capital Wallet. This is why I love receiving payments in crypto- low fees and quick processing.

That’s a great rate.

Capital.com wallet? Or something else?

@BillyBobPimpton :: Capital Wallet :: This is the correct website. The one that you mentioned is a broker, I guess? :thinking:

I think it’ll be a game changer and companies will soon adapt this to their mode of payment. According to me, it should be a blend of other payments and crypto so customers can choose what’s comfortable for them.

]Ah yes, different. Not the same company. Haven’t heard of this wallet. Definitely look into where the developers operate or where the company is based or if there’s an actual business there at all. See if there’s any regulation involved.

@BillyBobPimpton Yea it is regulated by AUSTRAC.
Actually it’s not a wallet but an exchange that offers different kinds of services related to cryptocurrencies. You can buy, sell, and exchange cryptos with them but I am using their payment gateway services. I was impressed with their payment options and fees but I made sure to check all about their regulatory status, security measures and company’s background as I understand that safety is more important than everything else. Isn’t it?

Good. Australia. Should put you at ease I think. Safety is absolutely important when dealing with merchant services. Good stuff.