Do you think it's possible to make 5% per day Trading Forex?

Please, EVERYONE, newbie or veteran trader, weigh in and say what you think. I have up a screenshot of a real account for you to look at the dates and do the math. For the record I dont sit around the computer all day. All I do is when I am passing by the computer if my last trade has connected I put in another and go about my business. You could extrapolate and say that if my initial deposit had been 10k and I was doing the exact same thing each trade would have yielded a hundred dollars or more. I cant wait to see the replies and I promise not to feel offended no matter what you say, lol.
And for anyone interested I did offer some insight into achieving similar results but I wont repeat them. Take some time to go through my previous posts and you will get it.

4 Likes

Put another way, 100% every 20 days/4 weeks. A double every 4 weeks?
Uh, no.

3 Likes

I hear you, but according to the screenshot above that is over 10% on the first day and the day isnt over as yet. If I make some more 10 percents and a couple of 5 percents and seven percents couldnt the average work out to 5 percent per day?
Essentially though what you have said there is one of the problems I find with people and forex trading. They tend not to take it in stages like day by day but instead are planning for 6 months from now and we dont know when something like another Ukraine/Russia could pop up.
But like I said though I hear what you say. Thanks for the input.

3 Likes

I hope you can keep it up!

Nothing to back it up, but I think it’s possible for seasoned traders. But likely, for noobs… nope!

3 Likes

Hello @THE_GOATE,

You might want to check out these similar topics while you wait for other members to reply to you.

Thanks,

Pipzilla :coffee:

2 Likes

Ok will do. Thanks.

Update/edit
Pipzilla I tried reading one of the threads you suggested but I didnt get far. Posts there are too long for me.

This was 6/28, where are the screenshots for the other days? :slight_smile:

I’m sorry but I dont understand the question. The account was opened today 28th June 2022 and the trades were done today. It is still the 28 of June where I am. What other days are you referring to? lol.

1 Like

OMG you’re right lol. Sorry hahahha! My days are all jacked up. Why did I think June 28 was last week lololol. Ok will wait for tomorrow’s!!!

Fourteen dollars profit trading a bullish gold trend for one day. Well done, however, the odds of a continual repeat every day over one month will be very challenging for a small account size.

I would include trading DAX, FTSE, DOW & NASDAQ indices, as you will have plenty of daily trends, suitable for scalping starting from London opening to NY closing.

best of luck.

2 Likes

@THE_GOATE It can be done… And it has been done… $10 to $762 in 51 trading days… LIVE…

Note the running Balance, Entry date and times, Exit date and times, trade direction, Lot sizes, Strategy Consistency and Losses…

Not the usual one off post… cropped screenshot, no balance… low information statements that are normally supplied by many of the hit and run cowboys that occasionally frequent these threads…

This was achieved back in 2018… (400:1 leverage) Pre leverage squeeze by the regulators… Could still be accomplished with a small to moderate account today…

The bunching of panties at the time was extreme… Take note of the clueless posts in this forum back in the day… Their the ones that if they cannot do it no one can… So much of this BS in the forums over the years…

5 Likes

Frankly, 5% is such a big number! I don’t think it’s a proper manner of trading! Even 5% as a monthly target is quite big; that’s why I believe 5% as a daily target is so much risky!

Hi Rosie. What is your idea of “a proper manner of trading”?

You are preaching to the converted, lol.
I will put up day two of the effort later today as requested by Ponponwei

5% per day is possible, I have no doubt of that. Whether you’ll be able to do it is another thing. More money in an account does not mean you’ll get the same amount of success, because the whole meaning of a trade changes, it becomes money that matters, not play money.

Looks like you’re scalping to an extent, most of your trades are buys against the downtrend. Yesterday was a tough day, I lost quite a bit because the market was up and down throughout the day, although I wasn’t trading gold.

You’re not using stop losses. If a trade goes against you, how far does it go before you get out?

1 Like

Brilliant answer…go to the front of the class.

And here are the results for day two. I am no math whiz so it would be nice if one of the brilliant minds out there could work out the daily percentages to see if said target has been met so far.

Daily target is not realistic, consider monthly target

Go for it! I can’t wait to see what you post!

Unfortunately upon reflection I have decided to go no further with this thread.
There are 3 reasons I took into consideration.
Firstly despite nearly 900 views only 10 persons have bothered to participate in what I thought was a worthwhile discussion. Disappointing.
Secondly as my moderator friend Pipzilla has so kindly pointed out there are already similar threads on here so mine is probably already well ventilated and thus redundant.
Thirdly it has been pointed out to me that what I am doing might be construed as showing off which is not my intention.
I just want to say though thanks much to those who participated in the discussion.

1 Like