Do you think that money CAN buy happiness?

I think we should separate good enough money to live a comfortable lifestyle without being rich, i.e. middle-class income, from rich people’s money, which is where most of the problems I mention are found.

2 Likes

1,000% agree.

2 Likes

Hey @ponponwei where’ve you been? Missed ya!

Thanks man! Had some health issues and family stuff to take care of. Glad to be back!

1 Like

I don’t think money can buy happiness but it can buy things that can make me happy.

1 Like

Yea! Money has nothing to do with one’s happiness. It is just the state of mind one is in. The more content a person is, the happier he is. I have seen people making six figures and still unhappy.

2 Likes

I disagree 1,000%. You should be allowed to make as much money as you can if you work hard and create something that is needed. However, when you say allowed, it implies that someone/i.e. the government controls how much a human can earn.

The point of being great is to separate yourself from the rest of the herd

1 Like

I think you have to be happy and positive in the first place and then money can enhance that. Similar to being in a relationship. If you need that person/(money) to be fundamentally happy then you probably aren’t really happy at the end of the day.**

2 Likes

I think substance abuse of any kind merely brings out the demons that are inside us. I mean that if you get addicted to anything, it’s only a symptom; not a cause. There’s something inside of you that made you choose that thing as an outlet.

If you eat as a way to make yourself feel better, and you gain a lot of weight, your problem is not about the food. You problem is about some emotion that you’re not facing, most likely. And if it wasn’t food, then you’d probably be addicted to sex, or laziness, or alcohol, or cocaine, or buying clothes.

It’s a means to cover something up temporarily.

4 Likes

Simple. Would you rather be wealthy and cry in your palace or be broke and cry in a box outside?

3 Likes

Brilliant deduction but speak for yourself. I am sure the hundreds of families dying from starvation over there in Africa would totally agree with you.

2 Likes

In either case, you are still crying / sad because money cannot buy happiness.

Yes but poverty = misery.

It is true that poverty can cause misery, but mental sadness has also led people to kill themselves or others.

Millions, if not billions, of people live in poverty

Yes, In today’s world money is utmost important and it is a mean to stay happy.

Money can’t solve all your problems. But it can solve all your money problems!

After that, you just have emotional problems, which may be easier to deal with because you don’t have financial burdens at the same time.

It’s easier to focus on your marriage problems when you guys aren’t stressed about losing your home.

2 Likes

One can’t buy happiness for money. You may have a lot of money but still feel unhappy because you miss something or someone.

You don’t feel unhappy or happy after long grueling physical exercise

Was nt the hippies of the 60 s happy in their drug induced states ect , until they became teachers , accountants, lecturers, civil servants …,.

I think money can buy anything but not peace. And without that, no one can stay happy for a long time.

1 Like

I think it depends on what else is going on in your life. If your wife needs an unaffordable medication. Money can change that.

There was a guy whose wife has multiple sclerosis. The doctor showed the man and his wife a long syringe and said the husband has to inject her with medicine everyday for the rest of her life.

The husband said no.

Eventually they found out about a pill, but it cost $10k a month, and the insurance wouldn’t pay for it. The husband decided to buy a one-year supply of the pills, cash.

The wife was pretty happy after that.

However, if someone has a drug addiction, money won’t fix that. But it can buy very good therapy, assuming that person wants help.

Or if someone has a toxic marriage. Money will probably make it worse.

I guess money will only enable you to do what you want. If you want more drugs, you get more drugs.

If you want help, you get help.

Your mind has to be in the right place, because money will fast track your life, and you’ll go off the rails before you knew what happened.

1 Like