Do you trade only GBPUSD?

Hello!

I am a new trader, I have been doing this for about a year only.

Have you noticed that once you focus on one pair only you begin to learn how the pair moves.

I also noticed is good to trade during one session only.

In my case, I am trading only GBPUSD and I trade only on London session.

I was wondering(since this community is quite big) if there is any other trader that does the same?

Cheers!!

3 Likes

Hey whats up, I’m a fairly new trader also. I try to focus on no more than 3 pairs each week. It’s not good to be all over the place because things start to get confusing and my mind just starts going all over the place, lol so if you can master trading one pair, then you can do the same for others

When I first was teaching myself on demo for 2 years I stuck with USD/JPY only for the first year. After that I started understanding the movement of that particular pair and slowly started learning the other pairs. Definitely think it’s easier to focus on a few and slowly work your way up when you’re more comfortable. Now I look at 10-11 pairs but they’re literally all tied in.

For example, the pairs I look at are GBP/USD, EUR/USD, AUD/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CAD, GBP/JPY, EUR/JPY, AUD/CAD, AUD/JPY, EUR/GBP. I’ve become accustomed to looking at these guys and understanding what’s going on (in a sense - markets are always moving). It took me 2 years to get comfortable with these pairs altogether and I’m still just a noob imo.

Awesome, nice to see other people doing the same :slight_smile: do you also trade on a specific session? In my case I noticed that I lose money if I trade out of the London session.

So, the beginning of the London session works better for me.

London session is higher volatility market, if compare with another session, almost trader will prefer to trade on London or Europe session, while GBPUSD is common pair which so many traders choosing to trade for this pair, but beside GBPSD also EURSD, both pair has low spread usually, if anyone willing to trying GBPJPY, this is higher volatile but spread higher than both pair

I also think it’s better to focus one or a couple of currency pairs cause it could get a bit confusing sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue: You constantly have to check on all of their charts and that’s gonna be crazy. Huhu. Pro level. :stuck_out_tongue: For me, the system I’m using is mostly for EURUSD and GBPUSD so I trade those pairs. :slight_smile: But I browse through other pairs as well just to see how they’re doing. Haha. :blush:

2 Likes

That is awesome guys!! :blush:

I am about to trade in a couple hours. How do you see the pair ?

I think it will go bearish during the beginnings of the session.

same here! I tell myself to only focus on one or two pairs each day, but I just can’t help to look at them all :joy: I’ll try harder to refrain from doing that lol!

1 Like

Hahahaha it could be hard, now I do it because I feel more comfortable

This is what happened with my trade today.

I use a risk reward ratio of 1:5

I went bearish and the pair did touch my SL.

I saw the charts again and I enter bullish , and when I was 10 pips winning I close my trade so I break even.

And then I saw the pair again and it had a strong bullish trend and I could have hit my TP of 50 pips. But I went out very early.

Has someone else had this experience as well?

I think my psychology was affected by my previous trade.

It’s amazing how we go through the same babypips steps in the FX.

I’m a fetus that can type :rofl::joy::nerd_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:…Im still on Demo focusing on GBPUSD, EURUSD and EURGBP and study other Majors paired with USD. Plus South Africa is the best place to trade those pairs.

I mean 00H00 in :statue_of_liberty: is 07H00 in SA…London opens at 10H00 in SA. :ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

I trade GBPUSD, you can expect it to be unruly until the “B” stuff is settled, But overall longer term if USD goes up it goes down if USD goes down it goes up.

I also tried the USD basket similarly. Which really makes a 10 pip move into a 30-50 pip move and so on.

1 Like

Sometimes I am trading on GBPUSD if the look on time good opportunity with higher volatility, but sometimes I combine with using GBPJPY to hedge trading, both pair usually has similar movement although not always, with buy and sell both pairs will minimize the risk, and important point is looking support resistance and pattern of the trend

1 Like

I don 't use stop loss. You lose more with this strategy. Just wait for the right moment to enter trade. The market will go against you but at the the and it will go back in profit. Don’t you ever enter too soon. With a little backtesting you will learn how to enter the market at the right time

1 Like

no way I can agree with not using any stop loss.
At a minimum a trader should have at least a safety net.

Yes! You’re doing the right thing. Focus on one pair, study it. It will be better than being sprayed on a lot of steam.

1 Like

you’re right about that! my mentor takes his trades at literally the perfect time. Literally like maybe a min after he places the trade, it ends up in profit. I’m getting better at it every day, just have to stick with my trading plan/rules

I’m uk based - been focusing on Cable since early 2009, it’s a great pair to trade, for my own personal reason of course :wink:

Wait until you’re up or down $5k on a trade - that’s when you really understand psychology :joy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:It freaks me out just in a Demo Account