Do you trade while on vacation?

Helloooooo! OMG it’s been a while. :sweat_smile: I missed you all! :blush: There were a lot of back-to-back holidays in the Philippines, so my family and I decided to go on vacation. :blush: Since I’ve been away, I also haven’t had the chance to trade so I have a lot of catching up to do. :sweat_smile: How are you guuuuys? :blush: I feel like I missed so much. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome back! Hope you had an amazing time on your vacation!

And, nope, I don’t trade while on vacation. I prefer to relax and enjoy it with my family. It’s also a great way to recharge and unwind from the trading charts!

1 Like

I diddd! :blush: Although I was a bit stressed our with wedding requirements. :sweat:

That makes sense! :blush: Given my personality, I’d just end up stressed the whole time if I had a trade running. :sweat_smile:

If my trading is going well, my life is a vacation!

3 Likes

Why? You stress over your trades so much that you can’t go about your day?
How long do your trades last?

1 Like

Welcome back!!!

Hope you enjoyed the vacation.

Trading is most certainly a source of stress. I’d probably opt out for a vaction.

Hopefully one day I can do such a thing.

2 Likes

Why? @steve369 always talks about a zen mindset. His mind is calm, he places his trades, then goes about his day. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think there’s no reason why trading in general can’t be like this.

Even if you’re on a very fast TF, I don’t see why we can’t learn to be less stressed. Sure, there’s some stress. You may be thinking about your trades during the day.

I can understand that. But high stress levels? I’d rather not.

1 Like

I would agree that with a zen mindset, training, and experience trading can be less stressful.

But at the end of the day, trading is, stressful.

Now don’t get me wrong I think that’s actually a good thing. This is more of a personal opinion. Stress lets me understand that what I’m doing is not only hard but rewarding. As I work through destressing myself, I always think of discipline. The hard things in life tend to usually be the most rewarding.

On the other hand too much stress and you’re drowning. It’s a balance. Always a regression to the mean. I hope that makes sense. :grin:

3 Likes

Right, right. There’s always gonna be some stress about the unknown. My goal is that winning and losing eventually feel the same. I can’t base my emotions on something external like that market that 's always going up and down. There’s wins and losses, all the time. My goal is to feel how I want to feel, regardless of my profits for that week.

However, sure, my stress levels will go up if I haven’t profited for two weeks, and my livelihood depends on my trading. But that’s when planning ahead comes in. Stress levels again should be in check.

To each his own, brother. Onward and upward!

4 Likes

Trading is enjoyable to me, so yes.

1 Like

Vacation?!?!?!?

Who can afford a vacation???

4 Likes

Good point. :stuck_out_tongue: Haha. But for like, real “vacations,” do you still check out your charts? :blush:

1 Like

Actually, I was just a exaggerating a bit. :sweat_smile: Hahaha. I’d only be stressed if I happen to see price going against me, wondering if I set my SL or TP too wide or too tight. :sweat_smile: I usually just let them run over the week and close them during the weekend. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thank youuuu! :blush: Also hope you get your much-needed break soon! :blush:

1 Like

I feel like this is easier said that done. :sweat_smile: Hahaha. At least for people like me who are just natural overthinkers, I feel like. :open_mouth: I’d love to eventually be stress-free when I’m trading. :blush: Would you say you’re already stress-free when you trade, dushimes? :thinking:

1 Like

Interesting. :open_mouth: I understand how emotions can definitely get in the way and make you insecure (due to losing streaks) or overconfident whenever you win. :open_mouth: I’d like to say I hope winning and losing would eventually feel the same for me, but a part of me still wants to celebrate my wins just because they’re so rare HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :sweat_smile:

Ooooh! :blush: That’s good! I’m glad your family don’t question the time you spend on your computer, even during a vacation. :stuck_out_tongue:

RIGHT! IN THIS ECONOMY?! HAHA. :joy: But hope you also get to go on a vacation soon, Tom. Especially since the holidays are coming up! :blush:

1 Like

Got some plans. Fingers crossed…

1 Like

Keep us posted! :smiley: Haha. And you might wanna consider adding the Philippines to your itinerary. :stuck_out_tongue: Things aren’t super bad here right now, I think?

1 Like