Do you use MT4, MT5 or broker front end?

MT4 and MT5 … trading view looks like the power ranger robot while MT4 and MT5 are like the original… Voltron. hehehehe… never could flow with trading view … i guess it may have something to do with the view itself… hahahah… nice to meet yah!

1 Like

I use MT5 since it has more advanced features compared to MT4. I practice on a demo account in Prime Codex and CMC Market. I also practice in Trading View.

1 Like

Can you delpoy the same EA’s you can use on MT4 on TradingView?

Though I can’t say for sure, I don’t think so. I searched the internet but came up empty-handed.

1 Like

mt5 - a bit faster than mt4, best for news trading
what about acttrader? does anyone use that platform for news trading?

this is right - you can’t use the same ones because the programming language is different

there are plenty of commercial services around who can “convert” an MT4 EA for use on TradingView, though, but i believe they do it more or less by complete “deconstruction and reconstruction”, rather than by “translation” (i’m told that a company called “Nordman” is a well-known and respected one, if anyone wants to google them)

1 Like

Would you mind explain more about this?

Yeah, it is not possible because each platform use a different format. The conversion process is mostly construction and reconstruction as you said.

Are you talking about the desktop app, or the web version? I started out using their web version (several years ago) and found it very glitchy, which is what lead me to TV (which is my preferred platform, as you know).

Since that was a few years ago maybe I should give it another try, maybe they’ve worked out the bugs by now.

1 Like

desktop

yes, i see - makes sense (i’ve never used Oanda’s web version at all, had even forgotten there was one)

1 Like