Do you use MT4, MT5 or broker front end?

I was wondering (again!).

What does everyone here use to place trades etc. Do you all use MT4, MT5 or do you prefer to use your brokers front end software such as web trader etc, or something else?

Also, why have you chosen to use that particular software to do your trading?

1 Like

I use MT4, it is very flexible and stable in algo trading

1 Like

Thank ProPips

I’m expecting most to say MT4 but I do personally find the broker front ends look cleaner. Do you write your own code for your algo trading, is so what software/language do you use? And how easy are they to deploy?

1 Like

I have an advanced software for build and test strategies, so deploy strategies is easy for me.

2 Likes

I use MT4, but once I used a broker’s platform which was not as good as MT4.

2 Likes

Predictable, I know, but I use MT4 like most of people out there. I find it easy to use, convenient and etc etc.
Although brokers webtraders somehow look cleaner but I prefer the program.

2 Likes

I prefer MT4 like most of traders. MT4 is multi-functional, user-friendly, and allows users to tailor the interface to their own requirements.

2 Likes

When I asked this question in another forum a large number of responses said that while MT5 is quite faster, MT4 is still chosen personally, I also use MT4.

2 Likes

Right. I prefer MT4, it is like landline phones. Sure there are newer and more advanced trading platforms.

1 Like

people using MT (especially MT4) might like to read this thread carefully - especially the links inside it:-

IMO: MT4 and to a perhaps lesser extent MT5 are about as bad as you can get, as trading platforms go, and cTrader and TradingView are about as good as you can get without paying (TV does also have some paid-for, more advanced packages available)

one of the reasons i suggest that people trading spot forex against a counterparty market-maker “broker” might want to look at Oanda is that they have a white-label version of TradingView available, which is free and includes all the features of the most advanced and expensive TV platform (they call it their “advanced charting”)

1 Like

Thank flamingo for another amazing answer.

What more can you tell us about TradingView and how it works etc? How much does it cost?

I’m currently using RoboForex and their WebTrader front end (they do seem to be missing some indicators) as I found MT4 archaic.

2 Likes

it’s certainly archaic, but i don’t even think that’s among its top three problems for forex traders (some of which can directly prevent their becoming successful)

honestly, best to look for yourself - there are 2 different free ways of doing that! (through TV or Oanda demo advanced charting)

4 different packages available, all the way from free to about £55 per month, as i remember … free trials available, or long-term use of the top package, permanently free, on Oanda demo: no downside to that, that i can see? it’s a pleasure to use

1 Like

15 posts were split to a new topic: Software or indicators that help collect partial profit automatically

I’m on the MT4 train! It’s super user-friendly, a lot of people use it, and there are tons of free tutorials on YouTube for it. Plus, I’m not a fan of change (in anything, really), so I’m sticking with my OG trading platform. :))))

2 Likes

Tradingview hooked up with my broker. Only way to go. Join the other traders trading in this century. Ha!

1 Like

Hi there!
I am still on the MT4, just like my phone that is still an iPhone X and I am not looking to change any of them!
However, as far as I know about the brokers’ web traders, they all have some problems that will be bothering you in the end.
Best Luck/

1 Like

I am die hard MT5 user. I found that there is no such different between MT5 and MT4, but I would prefer the new one because it has a better look and interface than the MT4.

Anyway, is there anyone here could help me to fill a questionnaire about FX broker for my simple research as a final year student in finance? If so you can jump in to my topics here Forex Broker Research

i am using mt5
it has more time frames and i think it is faster here
i must say i started my trading on mt5 too and the brokers are not good they are not very fast and will not let you to place order speedy
but if you have any good trader tell me their name

I used to work with MT5 but my broker created their own one!
I also used Tradingview for a while and it was not that good!
I am working with this new trading platform and well, up to now it was better than MT5!

What problems you mean?