Does MT4 work well on Mac laptops?

Hey everyone - thinking of upgrading laptops to Macbook Pro or Air, but led me to wonder how does MT4 work on a Mac?

I know it doesn’t natively work, so if anyone is using 1 (or better yet multiple) MT4s on any Mac laptop, please let me know how well or not it works in there.

Thanks

1 Like

IMO, the best keyboard and value for money is a Lenovo - it would be a Dell but that’s expensive, as are Macs which IMO are well overpriced…

MT4&5 work splendidly on my 5 year old Lenovo. but each to their own. Best of luck finding the right combination for you.

1 Like

As far as I know, it does. But please confirm with your broker or brokers once.

1 Like

Yes, it works fine, but it depends on your broker whether they offer MT4 for mac or not. You’d be surprised to see some don’t.

1 Like

Yes, it does. I have a few friends who use MT4 on their mac and have not faced any kind of issues. You will also have to check whether your broker allows you to download MT4 on your mac or not.

1 Like

MT4 doesn’t natively work on Mac OS. The desktop version of the platform was designed specifically to work on Microsoft Windows. Mac users however can still use the platform with the compatibility layer that translates the parts from Windows to MAC counterparts.