Doing this for me, doing this for my family

I 100% agree with you. is not like I am rich, but Iā€™m really want to do it to spend more time with the family. I have 8-5 and wife works on the weekends, therefore family time is none. Thatā€™s my motivation!! 11pm on a Saturday and i think it was an 8hours day studying. I feel like in college .

I am soo hooked with that Audiobook. Thanks for sharing

Hey guys Noob question.

Ok so after a week of reading and videos, decided to try my first paper trade. Downloaded Metatrader5 did my homework etc., lines everywhere :slight_smile: (over analysis took me like 30 minutes 1 chart hahaha), etc, and decided that I was going to place my first trade. Sell Stop for next opening date, I know the market is closed, but even though Iā€™m sel ā€œpending orderā€, I canā€™t place the trade and I am getting the message Market is closed. So, I canā€™t place those type of orders? I am planning on Swing trading, I canā€™t place orders when the market is open due to my job, so?? Am I doing something wrong, or definitely I would not be able to trade forex ?

Thanks , great advice

You can place your orders 24/5, its only the weekend when you canā€™t.
Now youā€™ve done the analysis and know what trades you want to place, try again when the market reopens tonight

Thanks Eddie. So,would I be able to place a USD/CAD on a Sunday Night? For the openning of the next day? What about a monday night? I was planning on placing orders around 8pm PT

You will be able to place when the Asian market opens, not sure how that relates with PT as im UK based myself.
After that, markets remain open until the close of the us market on Friday

2 Likes

Hi Eddie,

Yes I get it now. Sincr all markets trades the pairs, I just need to wait until there is one open (in my case sunday afternoon) after that there is always one open until friday afternoon.

Thanks

Yes, it is the fact that Forex trading requires a lot of inspiration and extra effort as well. It is not a get rich quick market but it is a get rich market for sure if you have preparation for your trades. You people can share your thoughts as well. Thank you!

1 Like

Trading in the Zone!! What a book!! Amazing. What next guys? I heard about A complete Guide to Volume Price Analysis by Anna Coulling, any thoughts?

1 Like

I read Trading in thee Zone too! :nerd: Also thought it was good and very helpful. :smiley: I just saw Pipcrawlerā€™'s list of his favorite trading books (from way way back. :stuck_out_tongue:) and Iā€™m thinking of trying one of the books on the list. :smiley: :nerd: Maybe you could also check that out. :smiley:

1 Like

Read the 1 & 2 star reviews before you buy that one

1 Like

Cheeky sod ! :laughing:

2 Likes

ā€¦unlike teenagers and 20-somethings?
Where do you get this idea from? Many people in their 40ā€™s are juggling bringing up families with their careers.

Read about her book and volume trading on hereā€¦

Sorry, who is PipeCrawler, and how do I stalk him? I wanna see that list hehehe

Iā€™m getting you an e-reader for Christmas with my first profit hehehe!..I know is not the same ā€¦I got one, and kind of regreting

@Pipcrawler

Haha! :stuck_out_tongue: Heā€™s one of the siteā€™s FX-Men I think. :smiley: I havenā€™t interacted with him yet, but this the thread I was talking about. :slight_smile:

Letā€™s stalk him together! HAHAHA :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi ForexMago, welcome to babypips! I hope to hear more about your trading journey as I am also just starting out. Iā€™ve been trading cryptocurrencies but Iā€™m still going through the school. By next month I hope to start a forex demo account too. See you around! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello ForexMago. There is nothing better in this world than spending some quality time with your children. Forex is a risky business but is worth the trouble. My advise for you is to trade in demo account as it is like the real one. See how it goes and then leave your day job if you want to.

2 Likes