Dollar Overbought?

Im just looking to the COT report and dollar index and something scares me…:eek:

As I learned on Babypips School, COT balance is important, oberbought/sold are important indicators here.

Also I would like to ask, are commercials hedging long usd traders, I hope so…
and I don’t see a bright future for the euro but dollar bulls can’t push forever.

Look back at how long the bears pushed;)

we should see another low< 1.35
check out the weekly charts.

yeah but 40k seems unsustainable…

Quick question for all the eur/usd traders…I am new and I noticed that the eur/usd & usd/chf are like polar opposites. Too many similarities to ignore. I am totally short on the euro. With its debt issues in Greece I see alot of burden put on the the region. Once the US gets a solid job plan in the works I see the dollor really picking up. I have been doing ok with going long on the usd/chf and shorting eur/usd. Any thoughts?

what really funny about this oversold / overbought theory is that a currency can be trending for ages, become “overbought”, but then it STILL keeps trending, just taking the piss out of any “overbought” theories, lol!

It doesn’t mean much, IMO the trend is up and a correction is possible but should hold above the 79 level.

I dont think the dollar index is overbought yet. If we look at the DX 4 hour chart, we can see the price is being supported by the 50 ema and the trendline. It seems we could very well bounce from here on the dollar index. One thing we know tho is if the DX doesnt bounce and closes a 4 hr chart below the 50 ema then price could very well test the next TL support.
So looking at the EU 1 hr chart, price is coming up on TL resistance. My suspicion is the eu may test the tl resistance and begin to decline just as the dx bounces from the current TL it is resting upon or even the 50 ema allowing it to head back up.

So how do we trade this?
We could sell the eu at the tl resistance (or even now)on the 1 hour with a stop just above giving a small risk vs reward as long as the DX is bouncing and not closing under the 4 hr 50 ema.

OR

We could wait for a new 4 hour candle on the dx and if it closes below the 50 ema and if the eu closes above the 1 hr TL resistance then we could buy the eu and target 3740-3800.

Risk appetite really hit me today :smiley: but I’m still short on EUR/USD

Are you shorting the rallies?

not exactly the rallies, just trying to sell high so I place good limit orders

yes, I am shorting the rallies

Its possible the eu will test the previous 1 hr trend line it broke above yesterday.

huge drop EUR/USD easy profit…

It’s reverse.How much it could go up?