Don't trade the news they say... Why not?

Because this is what you have to read through everyday to figure out the markets.

USD rally on the way… no dollar slump… no there are no safe currencies…

Who said trading was a get rich scheme?

1 Like

I’d say don’t trade other ppl’s opinions

Trading the news means to understand what is being reported to the market.

Most recent example perhaps in the last 24 hours - Nvidia

Long before the market opened we knew that Nvidia reported what it reported - so who in their right mind would have shorted stocks today?

Ok - this is not about points - it’s about pips - so who today wld then buy Yen vs Usd given Nvidia’s reported earnings?

The market revolves around investors (the guys who already have money and are seeking more)
NVIDIA Corporation - NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2024

1 Like

From the sound of it, I’ve watched a couple market videos related to macro discussions and crypto specifically, and several of the “gurus” shorted Nvidia big thinking it couldn’t maintain performance from the last couple quarters. They were wrong!

It’s down to how tech is evolving and right now that means AI - and AI means Nvidia I read that even McDonalds are embracing it.

The growth potential is huge - and it’s that potential that investors looking at.

Nvidia’s stock has risen almost 240% last year - question is perhaps overvalued - thus those that went short - thing is better to wait on the earnings which were signalling buy.

Will it correct? - just over 50% of those polled reckon the stock market in general will correct in the months ahead, so who knows.

My feeling is to go with the flow.

1 Like

Huge spreads, whipsaws, and slippage make it challenging. If you can make money in spite of these obstacles, then great!

I’ve been on both sides of this. Luckily, normally on the plus side. But whipsaws can get crazy! Like I’ve seen 100 pip moves on a single 5 min candle.

1 Like

do you own now and will you sell or hold?

You don’t need to be confused, friend. Because the impact on the market will be dynamic from time to time. The market moves with conditions that do not necessarily correspond to the theory of the effect of news. So the most important thing is to follow the market direction when the news is released. There we can follow where the price moves and place orders.

2 Likes