Doubling account 12 times in 12 months

Are you talking about compound interest?

Sorry bud no, repeat each trade 10 times or until you have completed all 10 x 100% wins for each trade size
I’ll be trading 400/1 = 25 pips = 100%. / total = 4000 pips

Oh what happens when you are at 2000 and you lose 25 pips @ 400:1 leverage. You would lose everything. The odds of you winning 200 times in a row are like nothing.

Where are you from? Because in US we can only get 50:1

If you were brave enough you could go straight for $25- $1,280,000 in only 16 trades ? without repeating each trade 10 or so times ? it could be possible ! lol

cos $2000 by then would only be 10% of my equity. You wouldn’t win 200 time in a row thats insane, but as long as your wining more time than your losing you just keep going until you’ve won 10 times for each trade size. Look at it this -
Wk 1 you only trade $25 twice a day every day
the Wk 2 you trade $50 twice a day every day… and so on for 16 wks

I’m in the UK, I didn’t know that sorry, It doesn’t matter what risk level you use, doesn’t matter even if it take you 1000 trades, just gotta stick to the plan.

Don’t wanna put you off what your doing bud. Everybody thinks were insane as it is trading like this, I just don’t wish to grow old before I can retire lol Keep at it bud I’ll be watching :slight_smile:

Kelton, I might stir a little dust up with this, it’s just something to think about. I did a pretty in-depth research piece several years ago and our findings were that anything over 10:1 leverage would pretty much guarantee complete risk of ruin in an account. I’m not going to drag everyone through all the details of it but it was kind of eye opening. As you develop your system and think about where you want forex to take you, it might be worth your time to begin to think about the impacts of leverage, transactions costs, timing etc as you move forward.

I’ll also tell you this. If you learn to trade with small amounts of leverage and can show restraint in your trading and grind out 10 to 15% a year (it’s harder than it sounds) you’ll make more money trading for other people than you ever will just for yourself no matter how good you are.

Get good at math, be conservative, and think about the potentials here beyond your own account - you could open a lot of doors you’re not even aware of yet. Best of luck. - JP

didn’t see this post ? yes, it’s always compound banking lol it’s the only way to get rich. 10% equity x 10 x 16 or something like that ?

Good words that man, thats what i’ve been trying to put across, 5% would be better, safer option. Please can I ask what ‘Potentials’ your on about ?

I know it’s not for everyone and it’s harder than it was when I came into it, but if someone really wants to make money as a trader they should consider managing money. Let me put it to you differently. Let’s say you have $100k in your account and you have a miraculous year and make 100%. You’ve earned $100k for yourself. If you were a money manager and had $50mm under management (not that hard to do once you’ve established yourself), and made 10% (an acceptable return), you’re fees for doing that would be close to $1mm.

Having said that, trading for other people can be really tough and the compliance requirements now are a lot tougher. But for the right person who understands how to grind out 10 to 15% a year with very low volatility, high liquidity and low correlation… Sky’s the limit. But it’s much harder to do than it sounds. People laugh at generating 15% a year until they try to do it consistently for three or four years - which is what it’s going to take to get anyone (hedge funds, qualified investors) to look at you. - JP

Please forgive my maths, I just went to bed and realised what you said, and what I wrote- I’m having a blond moment, with claims of $25 million. I forgot to mention the most important aspect of my system is to employ the copy trader into three other trading accounts for my family members to form a pyramid which would each make about 50% by copying myself. ie $25m is the total target. ie. $10m for me $5m for each of the other account lol. I’ll edit my other post in a bit.
What you must understand, for me, I’m currently living on the bread line and I have a mobility problem. I lost everything including my business in the crash few yrs ago (not through trading I must ad), so talks of $100k- $1m are in all honesty a factitious dream, and truth be known, if I were to even come close to my ‘quest goals’ it would be a miracle.
However you see it though, my logic is still black & white.- a 5% or 10% trade is no different be it of $20 or $2m, it is only human weakness and fear of losing that changes the mind set of how we trade. Remove the concept of money and sticking to the system is the only way to changes the rules of what’s expected. In reality, If I could achieve half of what I say I’d be a happy :slight_smile: What you also have to remember is, it’s only $200 ? i’ve wasted more on a night out. so to me it’s worth the risk, given the rewards. But rather than just throw it away, I need to get my game play straight in my head first if that makes sense ?

My trade last night closed by stop loss @ 16.8 pips profit.

Up currently a little over 10% of account.

[QUOTE=“FX Analyst;555217”]Kelton, I might stir a little dust up with this, it’s just something to think about. I did a pretty in-depth research piece several years ago and our findings were that anything over 10:1 leverage would pretty much guarantee complete risk of ruin in an account. I’m not going to drag everyone through all the details of it but it was kind of eye opening. As you develop your system and think about where you want forex to take you, it might be worth your time to begin to think about the impacts of leverage, transactions costs, timing etc as you move forward. I’ll also tell you this. If you learn to trade with small amounts of leverage and can show restraint in your trading and grind out 10 to 15% a year (it’s harder than it sounds) you’ll make more money trading for other people than you ever will just for yourself no matter how good you are. Get good at math, be conservative, and think about the potentials here beyond your own account - you could open a lot of doors you’re not even aware of yet. Best of luck. - JP[/QUOTE]

To an extent if you were consistently profitable making more pips then you lost. Leverage should not play a huge factor in your success as a trader. Unless of course you are using 500:1 leverage. But even then you can trade safely.

Follow my fxbook for this account Error | Myfxbook

Even with my few bad trades I did when I was just testing out my mt4 software and not trading my strategy my risk of ruin is less than 8% for losing 10% of my account.

Which means I have a 7.5% chance of losing 10% of my account. And the risk of losing my entire account us like <.00001%

Nice account, can you post here your system please, i read through the posts and i couldnt find any description about it whatsoever.Also please verify your MYFXBOOK credentials it’s hard to believe that 10% growth before the track record and privilege is not verified yet.

How do you verify it? I will try when I’m off work today.

But the system is hard to explain in a post without having a conversation. Because it’s not 100% black and white. You have a skype?

Keep in mind the track record will get more accurate over time with more trades.

[QUOTE=“Proximus;556380”]Nice account, can you post here your system please, i read through the posts and i couldnt find any description about it whatsoever.Also please verify your MYFXBOOK credentials it’s hard to believe that 10% growth before the track record and privilege is not verified yet.[/QUOTE]

Also I think I verified it but I think it takes a couple hours.