EA Makes MetaTrader slow after sometime

Hello,

I engage in algo trading with the assistance of an EA using Metatrader 4. However, I’ve encountered an issue where my MT4 becomes extremely slow after a few weeks due to the accumulation of temporary files from Metrader 4 and the EA. The EA consistently places a large number of objects on the chart.

Could you please provide a solution for this?

1. How can I clear the temporary files and caches of Metatrader 4, as well as remove objects from charts?
  2. If I regularly clear temporary files and caches, will this affect the operation of the running EA?

Thank you.

Hi, couple tips:

don’t add objects and indicators on chart when you are use vps

restart vps every week

minimize charts

add max 10 EA’s per one terminal

pause / disable updates during trading days

1 Like

I do not have Indicators on chat but the EA i use continuously place lot of objects on chart. and these list of objects keep increasing on every trade.

Does Minimizing charts do really have effect? because even it minimized it will keep running.

I have attached my EA in four currencies pairs (Four charts).

And, I have still same question “How can i delete temporary files and caches of MT4 regularly”?

yes, but in your case it will not help you a lot.

I assume that it is not your EA so you can contact with the developer or manually delete objects.

Restarting the VPS every week will not messaged open trade on account even on weekend?

try to rewrite your question, I don’t understand it.

Type error.

Restarting the VPS every week will not interfere with open trades on the account, even during the weekend,?

I don’t know, it depends on EA’s code, you can test it on separate account

In fact, an EA does not need any objects on the chart for execution. It’s just for people to see what’s happening. So actually it’s unnecessary, and I’m guessing it’s an EA that you bought. After all, the customer wants nice colorful things on the chart :wink: In my opinion, this is also the problem with your EA, that it becomes slow at some point.

It is possible that the objects on the chart are not deleted and the longer the EA runs, the further back the chart history of the objects shows. This consumes more and more RAM. And so your VPS / EA becomes slower and slower.

So no matter what you try, in my opinion the problem lies in the poor programming. If you can’t change anything, you can only help yourself with the tips from @ProfesorPips.

And you can usually restart your VPS on the weekend. The slippage is too high over the weekend anyway, and a good EA only trades from Monday to Friday. At least that’s the case with my EAs.