EA Opinion's

Hi guys i have been demo testing an EA:

T-M MACD EA System | Myfxbook

It is a MACD based one on a demo account for the last five months, could i have some honest opinions about the results i have had so far.

In short starting from £5000 i now have £5544.38 giving a profit of £544.38 which is not bad at 10% a month with total drawdown of 11%.

I am tempted to make this one live but i would like your thoughts on this one?

Thanks guys

Hey sandybeach,

Doesn’t look good or reassuring unfortunately. What’s up with EA’s Money Management? In my opinion it is not safe to take it to Live as due to over-leveraging and poor Money Management it is a potential loser.

Here is an extraordinary trade for example:
On 12.10.2013 @ 23:05: EURUSD Sell 11.86Lots - total profit 602.56GBP - Very nice some might thing. Although where did the LOT size come from? If it was not for this one lucky, literally lucky trade the balance would be much smaller (actually negative/loss), furthermore this LOT size is extreme over-leveraging, considering that average trading LOT size does not exceed 0.7

The other point:
Best Trade(£): (Dec 11) 602.56
Worst Trade(£): (Dec 11) -243.89

All seems good, but yet another issue: 602.56GBP is an lucky trade. We could however take the second best: ------> 120.00 GBP, but also over-leveraged trade: 3.04 LOTS. I believe the next best trade was 118GBP, but it is still not good enough… In my opinion of course.

On the positive side this EA performed better than me in the last 2 months percentage-wise :wink:

Thanks for the feedback i do agree on you with the lucky trade, it is an interesting experiment, the EA has been left running 24/7 since it started without any interference from me or changing the settings.

I do appreciate the honest feedback, i wasnt going to consider using it live until it had done a year’s forward test live which i know is a long time but something i think was safe.

[QUOTE=“sandybeach;612322”]Thanks for the feedback i do agree on you with the lucky trade, it is an interesting experiment, the EA has been left running 24/7 since it started without any interference from me or changing the settings. I do appreciate the honest feedback, i wasnt going to consider using it live until it had done a year’s forward test live which i know is a long time but something i think was safe.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Yeah, better be safe and spend some time for the tests. But do You actually know why did the Lot size change at some point?

The lot size seems to change to account for losses, not ideal but its an interesting idea (the strategy) which seems to work