EA programming

Looking for a Ea programming person. Any suggestions please send details. Thanks

What did you want programmed? Some detail would help

I have a trading system that I would like to use as a EA programed in metatrader 4. I’m not a programmer, and do not know coding. I can tell you what I want the Ea to do, in words, but I can not code the program.I would like to learn how to code but have not found anyonr to help me.

If it’s only a matter of getting help for learning to code, that should not be a problem. Check out my coding tutorial:

http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/46881-automated-trading-course-part-1-programming.html

I have a EA that I cannot get to run. Could you look at the EA for me?

I look at MT4 EAs only for money ;). But when to try to program the system with Zorro and can’t get it to run, I’ll look into your code and help.

From my understanding Zorro is only compatible with FXCM so it may not be for everyone. If there was more flexibility in brokers then it may get a larger following.

Zorro uses FXCM for downloading prices, but you can use it with all brokers that have a trading API.

Yes but it’d be more practical to get prices from the broker you’re trading with and how many retail brokers offer traders with API with a low enough requirement to meet?

At best, one could use a 3rd party MT4 API bridge to Zorro, but I think that would be too much work for little gain.

Don’t get me wrong, Zorro looks like a very nice piece of software. It’d be more useful if it were more accessible to more traders. But I understand how difficult that task can be.

The following error is given when I compile the EA in MetaEditor

Long Moving average does not have enough Bars in history to double quotes needed
Any suggestions on how to fix the error. Thanks

//±-----------------------------------------------------------------+
//| expert start function |
//±-----------------------------------------------------------------+
int start()
{
// Moving Average only run expert Advisor if there
// is enough Candle/Bars in history

if(Bars < Long_MA_Period+1)
{
if(Istesting()==false)
{

Comment (“Long Moving average does not have enough Bars in history to
open a trade!
”",
“Must be at least”, ““Long_MA_Period, bar to
perform technical analysis.””);

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

If I remember right, MT4 does not allow a string to go over several lines. Also, several double quotes are at a wrong place. The comment should look like this:

Comment ("Long Moving average does not have enough Bars in history to open a trade!
",
"Must be at least", Long_MA_Period, 
"bars to perform technical analysis.");

Thanks for the information. I did make the changes that you suggested. I now have one error. The error is located at the end of the line
"Must be at least", Long_MA_Period,

the error read ‘,’ -double quotes needed

Any suggestions?

Thanks

my suggestion:

[I]Long_MA_Period[/I] is not a valid variable, thats why the compiler thinks it is a string (text) and expects double quotes around them

I build my robots with ai. Testing and sorting out manually.