EA to create trailing Stop at specified point?

Is there an EA that will create a trailing SL at a certain point in a trade? What I mean is, if I set up TP and SL in a trade, is there an EA that will start a trailing Stop at the TP point instead of closing the trade? It doesnt necessarily need to be at the “TP” point if that cant be done, just at a specific point in a trade.

Bonafide is right. This topic is for trailing stop, nothing with 100% profitable expert advisors or losing money.

Bonafide, do you understand how TS works? I know it’s little confusing thinking of it. There are EA’s over the internet if you search for it, but I think that first you have to understand the concept. And even if you find some TS code it’s easy to be edited to start from any specified point between Open Price and Take Profit level.

There are many times I set up a trade and facepalm when the pair goes much further than my TP level, if a trailing SL would start instead of TP it would be great, I would get everything I originally intended in the trade plus more.
I understand trailing stops, but MT4 from what I can see default only allows a trailing stop at 15 points and only when manually done. I would like it to be a bit more automated.
Unfortunately I dont know how to write EA’s so saying its “easy” doesnt help me, sorry. Perhaps if its easy you could help me? :slight_smile: .
Currently I use a web based platform for trading, and while its OK its not MT4. I want to move my system over to MT4 and automate some of the processes. This is a process that looks like an EA could take care of for me.

And now if someone gives to you some EA you don’t know how to use it?

Take Profit is a point where everything ends. That’s why it’s called “Take Profit” - you take profit and [B]quit[/B]. There’s nothing after that point. But you can always use bigger TP :slight_smile:

Also Trailing Stop is very similar to Moving average. Profit, profit, profit… little backwards… and close position. You can let the price go until it crosses some MA line. And Parabolic SAR is similar to MA :slight_smile:

I looked most of the day and couldnt find an EA to do this and dimwitted replies probably killed this thread. I put a job application on the MQL4 website.

Bonafide, I understand exactly what you mean, and I’ve really want an EA for this also. I don’t know of such an EA, but I will explain again, hoping that someone might tell us where to get one.

Where normally you would set a T/P to close the trade at a certain point for a profit, we want a trailing stop to be triggered instead.

[B][U]Normally, your order set up might look like this:[/U][/B]

Enter long at 1.2900
T/P at 1.2950
S/L at whatever

The price goes up, reaches 1.2950, triggering your T/P and you gain 50 pips profit.

[U][B]But instead of setting it up like that, we want it to be set up something like this:[/B][/U]

Enter long at 1.2900
Trailing Stop Insertion Trigger at 1.2950
Trailing Stop Value will be 20 pips
S/L at whatever

The price goes up, reaches 1.2950. Trailing stop gets triggered at this time, for 20 pips below current price. That would be 1.2930.

Then, if the price goes down from here, the order closes at 1.2930 and you gain only 30 pips profit.

But if the price continues to rise to, say 1.300. The trailing stop would have moved to 1.2980. Then the price goes straight down 20 pips or a billion pips, whatever. The trailing stop, of course stays at 1.2980. When the price reaches it, 80 pips profit is taken.

Hi guys

You want this ea? i have it :slight_smile:

First i want some more begging :slight_smile:

I promes i will put it here…

If you are an IBFX customer - they provide a partial close script- which you can have up to settings -
so you can set your ‘dream TP’ point lets say 500 pips - but at intervals short of that you can take a part of your trade off like 10% - so TP 10% of your lots - at 50 pips - then move SL to PLUS 10 pips - second interval is 150 pips - whereyou can take off another xx% and move stopto plus 100 pips and so on -
But if Raymond1983 gets you what you need - great.

nobody asked. i think they have something.
i do have what they need, maybe i just past it here…

Try the Steve hopwood trade manager (google it)

generally

trailing start - is the point the trailing function kicks in eg. at 50 pips

trailing stop - is the stop eg. if set to 20, it will be 20 pips behind the start 50-20=30

trailing step - the step is what moves your trailing stop. eg if set to 10, 50 +10 would move your trailing stop to 30.

Another really helpful idea is a breakeven function.

eg if market moves to a break-even-gain(50) . A stop is set at a break-even point (40). So once you hit 50 the trade will close if it falls to 40.

hi

If i give this trailing EA with all you need i read in the above, can then somebody add a martingale to an existing EA i have?
I want it to double the lots after a loosed trade… then double again and again till one winner, then start at the first lots size again.

Hi, I am looking for an EA as such. Please add me on Skype ID : gariouslee
I’ll pay for the EA. Look forward. TQ