Easiest Forex Strategies for Beginners—Which One Worked Best for You?

Hey BabyPips Family,

Hope everyone’s having a great day! I remember when I first started out, trying to navigate the complex world of forex trading—it was incredibly overwhelming. I spent hours sifting through different strategies, trying to find something that clicked, and I’m sure many of you can relate.

As someone who’s been there, I wanted to start a discussion about the easiest forex strategies for beginners. We all know that finding the right strategy can make a huge difference, especially when you’re just getting started.

BabyPips has been my go-to resource from day one, and I’ve picked up so many valuable tips here. This forum is a treasure trove of beginner-friendly strategies, and it’s helped me refine my approach over time.

For me, News Trading was a game-changer. It was simple enough to understand but effective enough to see real results.

I simply look at the event calendar and then decide which events to trade. I combine simple strategies like Reversal, Scalping, Swing, and Trend Following during news trading. (I will share a case study soon on this.)

I mostly use EAs to trade in highly volatile markets. Specifically, I use EAs to secure my profit and close trades based on preset conditions. I usually combine multiple EAs together.

For example, I use NewsSy*** AI to trade during news events, and I use S****Exit to conditionally close my profitable orders. During news trading, I don’t use traditional stop losses; instead, I use Trailing Stops.

One thing I’ve found really helpful is starting with demo accounts or focusing on one currency pair. It made a huge difference in my learning curve, and I think it could help other beginners too.

So, I’m curious—what beginner strategies worked best for you? Did you find any that were easy to grasp but still provided a good foundation? Let’s share our experiences and help the next wave of traders find their footing!

Can’t wait to see what everyone has to share!

N.B. It may count as promotion if I share the names of the EAs I use, so I’ve kept them hidden. However, there are plenty of EAs available, both paid and free—just pick the best one for your needs.

1 Like

Interesting! :open_mouth: I feel like I don’t often see News trading being recommended to beginners since it can get pretty tricky. :open_mouth:

For me, I found crossover systems involving MAs the easiest ones to use. :smiley: There’s the golden crossover and the HLHB strategy I found here when I was starting out. :blush: