Economic News Impact all currency pairs

Hello,

1. What are the list of economic news which impact all the currency pairs?
  2. Do FOMC and NFP only USD Pairs or it impact Non-USD Pair too?

Mostly affects USD but it can change market sentiment and move others too.

How exhaustive do you want your list of news that affects currency pairs?
For a list you can use a resource like a Macroeconomics Calendar eg. Trading Economics.

Then to add to your list even bigger impact can occur due to Geopolitical factors. For example the huge impact COVID virus had on global markets.

Next FOMC and NFP normally only impact USD related pairs. But since Canada also releases data at same time as NFP at times CAD and CAD pairs can react differently to USD pairs.

Then further to your understanding news from China can heavily impact AUD and NZD also AUD news often impacts NZD and vice versa.

1 Like

For example, high-impact news related to the Euro (EUR) affects EUR pairs such as EURJPY, EURGBP, EURUSD, EURCHF, etc. Similarly, high-impact news related to the Canadian Dollar (CAD) affects CAD pairs like USDCAD, AUDCAD, CADCHF, etc.

I am using a news filter that automatically pauses trading when high-impact news for the currency pair it is trading on occurs. For instance, if I have added it to the EURUSD chart, and there is any high-impact news for EUR or USD, it will pause trading one hour before the news and resume three hours after the news.

Therefore, I am looking for a list of news that can impact major pairs, even if the news does not belong to the pairs I am trading. This way, I can integrate that list into my EA, and in the future, if those particular news events occur, my EA will stop trading.

You’re mostly looking at USD news that can affect everything. If USD has data to suggest rate decreases, risk on behaviour follows, so AUD etc can gain across the board. That is also tied to China as somebody said above. GBP news isn’t going to affect currencies outside of itself much, because US is the dominant market force

2 Likes