Education: Babypips' Currency Correlation Tables

Hi Forum Members,

I’m studying the lesson “How to Read Currency Correlation Tables” and am having difficulty interpreting what the tables are saying. The lesson says: “Each table shows the relationship between each main currency pair (in orange) and other currency pairs (in white) over various time frames.” Is a column missing that should show what the value is of the main currency pair for each of the time frames? It seems to me that if I’m going to see the relationship between the main currency pair and the other currency pairs in the table I should know what the value of the main pair is for each of the time frames. No explanation was given for how to interpret the data in the tables, nor was an example provided. Any help provided would be much appreciated as I’m eager to finish the course. Thanks.

Izzy Persad

I can follow the changes in the correlations for each of the other pairs as the time frame changes, but I don’t see a similar column for the main pair in each of the tables. (Also, I can see the changes between the pairs for each of the time frames.) Am I looking at the tables incorrectly?

Izzy

I read the next lesson and it provided two examples that were very helpful. I think my questions have been answered. Thanks.

Izzy