ElectroFX Pure Price Action Trading

what happened is you forgot to look to the left for your real demand zone see over to the far left right below you did your accessing that was the real demand zone. You have to base demand zones on were price took off out of the zone initially which was way over on far left of chart and then when price revists that area that’s were the real demand is. you were just above it but your getting closer and yes this type of trading gets some time to get use to it. This is the concepts the banks and instituation use no indicators not even trend lines and just simple supply and demand zones. Also remember pivot points are often not real supply and demand you have to look over to left of your chart and see where price took off from originally to get a real supply zone and only use fresh levels meaning levels were price hasn’t revisited that area yet you’ll find sometimes you get 1=10 R:R trades I don’t take a trade if there isn’t atleast a 3:1 R:R in it not worth it to me I have had some trades as hi as 1:15 R:R and once had a 1:20 R:R trade on the JPY/USD

your far to conservative on your trades your using the right demand levels at the bottom but wrong supply zones at the top well not really those are supply zones within the main supply zone sometimes you have to scroll your chart over alittle further to see where the real supply zone is off to the left and don’t be afraid to get all you can out of your trades half of your supply zones are false supply there remember pivot points aren’t true supply zones they are to make bear and bull traps and watch for where price takes off from the levels at point of origin you’ll find that price spends less time at the real supply and demand zones those are the ones you want to use to place trades and base your take profit and stop loses at. once you find your real areas of supply and demand a lot of times you’ll only need to set 15-20 pip stops and you’ll be looking to book atleast 3x the profits a lot of times price over swings so much you get 5-10x reward compared to risk on your trades. you look like a really conservative trader looks like your not to confedance in your real zones holding up yet.
Those zones hold up believe me it looks scary sometimes but they hold and price shoots right back out of them unless you pick a level that was previously a level them it will shoot right through it. i QUOTE=efxpa;261486]So now we move on to another swing trade.

The market moved in nice smooth proportionate looking swings whilst making it’s 1st Lower High, Lower Low scenario, the 2nd wave of movement down does not indicate that the momentum is slowing.

A single TL was drawn (please ignore the TL zone as that applies to the next trade using this same image)

The 3rd hit on that TL was also confirming a Resistance area that was created during the previous wave of selling. It lines up perfectly with the TL, and SR box and gives a place to enter, a place for your SL, and the ability to judge RR before you enter the trade. I will go over that in the next post[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Could you please point us in the chart what do you mean by real areas of supply and demand?.. Thanks in advance.

Hi Efxpa,

What is the difference between suppy & demand vs resistance & support. Sorry if this is a silly questions.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Vijai

Hi efxpa,

Just wanted to thank you for taking time to share your PA knowledge. I have just started studying PA and am really chuffed to have found your thread.

Please keep it up!!

Cheers
Irma

Very clear so far - tks

I apologize to those that are following this thread but I take a lot of holidays
plus it is now Summer where I live and I live by the beach :slight_smile:
I am not sure when I will get around to the next free videos
but I will keep you posted.

For now my next project is an attempt at a fully automated EA with my programmer
which will most likely consume all my computer time.
I will post again as soon as I am done with it and it is in the forward test stage.

You’re very welcome Irma… sorry you have caught me on a break.

They are essentially the same thing, just people use these different naming conventions.
Since they exist I use them both for different types of “zones”

I went over it in one of my videos but in short:

Support/Resistance zones for me are created by good size visible swings of reaction.

Supply/Demand zones for me are the small reactions mid-swing during strong Trends.
In a Bearish market these areas are great for predicting the next swings Lower Highs
In a Bullish market these areas are great for predicting the next swings Higher Low

hmmm i love this tread.thanks for the tutorial i realy enjoy your training cos i av been a fan of price action for some months now. pls i need a link to those videos.

The series starts with this one

hi efxpa, what is your favourite book on trading?

what is PinBar?

"We watched a new Resistance area be created“ how do you know a new resistance be created?

Can you tell me how to draw grey boxs ? use which tool?

Hi Rop,Can you tell how to drawn the grey boxes in the sreenshot you posted?

use rectangle box option in Insert menu

thank u, I find it,

The boxes are drawn for you by the tool provided with Free Membership at ElectroFX
OR
you can draw them manually using the insert menu as vijaim mentioned

When you draw a single TL ,which price you use to connect as a point? high price or close price?