Ema Step System

I’m a newb to FX, I’m doing around 60pip a day on FXMC demo account, I was looking to fin a good system to try and I found this post, I just finish to read all of it and I just love it. I’m still don’t know if I’m going to go with FXCM or Oanda for my live account, I will try your system on the Oanda for now and I will see where I will put my real money after that.

Thanks a lot maurizio for all the time you put in here.

I did pass like 4h reading this thead and took a lot of note, So I will be here to tell you my story in 2 or 3 week. Hope to get a good demo time with your system :).

Sorry for my English, I’m French Canadian

Hello,

I demo FXCM What is the equal period of 5 and 1 ema in fxcm is it 50 and 10

thanks

forget demo accounts go live,. real money real pressure,.

im not saying get all ur life savings and wack it in a demo account,…

just 100GBP some thing to mess around with,… maybe you can start off with 1000GBP,

but demo accounts give u the wrong mind set,… its been said before, and even i thought trading with real money …my own real money,… is going to be different,… and damn right it was 100% diff/

I started with 500GBP and my brother creamed 320 of that, in over 2 months,.

how is it going testing this sys?

I don’t totally agree; if you set up your demo acct with the money amount, position size, and leverage you intend to use when going “live”, you will have a good test of your strategy. Too many however get to playing around on demo, they up the leverage, they double up on a trade after a losing one, etc. A demo acct using strict parameters can be a good education tool. d.

This is my first time trading this system, and it is also on a four hour chart which is not one of the recommended time frames for this system. I decided to try this time frame because I am at work and it would work out that I could work and trade throughout the day. That said, I have a few questions that hopefully I could get some help on.

Has anyone had success with this system on a four hour chart?

The cross candle featured in the attached picture is exceptionally large compared to the recent volatility of the market, is that a warning that the next candle is likely to not make a large move? Or maybe I just used the other indicators wrong.(there is still an hour left in in the last candle, I have just been sitting in negatives the whole time, also of note, I opened the order ten minutes before the close of the cross candle so I could get back to work)

How long do I stay in the trade? I am newish to technical analysis so I must not understand exactly how to use the oscillators entirely and CCI is completely new to me anyway, so I am going to read the info at mql4.com. Maybe someone knows a good website with references on different indicators and how to use them(or maybe mql4.com is good enough)

I just found the answer to my second question in a previous post. I didn’t look at the shorter time frame charts.

Hi Maurizio

Just want to thank you for spending time in sharing this method with us. :wink:

Been trading on a 5min chart for two nights this week and won 5 out of 6 trades.

My time is limited during the day so I can only get to trading late at night. Its still early days for me but this method looks very very promising

Thanks again Maurizio

Richrichie

Hello,

Well it took me about two hours to go through this post … and I’m interested in creating a trading system with vtsystems.com / cmsfx and wondering if this has already been done, or if there is interest in me sharing it once the coding is done?

Thanks all, great post!

Hello Traders,

I found this ema system while surfing:
EMA 5 shift -1 applied to close
EMA 7 shift 0 applied to close

the only problem is that it gives the signal one candle after the signal candle, exemple: if the sell or by signal is on the 10:10am on the 10 min. TF the signal will appear on the 10:10am candle after the 10:20am candle close and it would be too late, does someone have a solution?

I believe the EMA you are using is too small for an average. If you use bigger average like 50 and 120 it can be more accurate i guess

thanks Frontier for the advise.

IBFX does not show a Slow Stochastic indicator but surely it must be there. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. d.

I found the answer (I hope). d

You can visit my blog by clicking on my nickname above “visit homepage”. I have discuss about how to use MACD, Stochastic, and Bollinger Band to setup in the right place and exit profit at the best target.

This is one of the system that i’ve research for over a year now and it works perfectly fine. Try it on your demo trading and give me a comment how you fill about it. The system work dynamically so you have to understand all the time frame from the highest to the lowest like Monthly, Weekly, Daily, 4H, and H

I will try it and let you know thanks for the help.

maurizio,

thank you so much for sharing your system with us. I’m a complete newbie. I’ve been studying charts, trading platforms and price action for the past several months but have had little success demo trading with any system because of impatience and lack of discipline. It wasn’t until I came across your system where waiting for the candle after the cross to enter that I’ve had success. At first, I was trying to get a jump on my trades and pick up a few extra pips, which on some trades I was, but I was also losing on a number of trades because the trend had not actually reversed and set in on the other direction. By waiting for the candle after the cross, I have missed a few pips but my ratio of wins to losses has gone from approx 50:50 to at least 70:30.

I’ve found that timing your entry with the lower time frame charts really helps. i.e., by trading on the 3 hour chart, if you wait for the trend on the 15 min or 30 min chart to sync up with the 3 hour chart, your odds of getting stopped out are far less.

anyway, thanks so much.

-jason

another awesome day trading this system on the 1 hr charts. usd/jpy and euro/usd. 4 winning trades, 2 losing trades for a net of +50 pips.

I too decided to trade this system on my $??K account. Im having awesome results. I have modified the ema’s to my liking, and watching S&R- but an easy trading method, the trick is to KEEP it SIMPLE- These big results are testing my patience not to increase the lot size ( no-no). Thanks :smiley:

Does anyone know of any trading groups that get together while trading, these long overnight hours of chartstarring can start playing tricks on your mind!

SEE

Great mind set, decipline is the MOST IMPORTANT key, I love how this is express ALOT! It really is the mkae it break of any system- Great work Maurizio

SEE