Ema Step System

My Friday’s results where 2-1 on this system. Im not a huge fan of big pip’s. I hit small and get out. Greed will KILL you! I have been trading 4 years now. I had great systems, this one I like the best- I am close to trading fulltime, by the end of the year is my goal when I hang up corporate ties :slight_smile: …yes its ALL me now, as soon as I get my moneymanagemet set at a level, Im can live comfortably. You dont have to have the big PIP day, you be surprise what a few a day on a 17 day a month, with the right MONEYMANAGEMENT can do to a bankroll.

This system is hott, but dont let your eyeballs get to big- KEEP it REAL, and you will get real results ( positive).

I never forget my first live account , 20K, where did it go??? Sort of like Bob Seagers song, [B]LIKE A ROCK[/B]- “20 years , where did they go?”

Bank it,
SEE

Just go in the chat room on this site in the evenings… I usually get there after 11, but there are a few regulars in there nightly… I’m sure it will be something you will enjoy to pass the time as you are waiting to place trades. Real nice folks who want to see everyone do well. I’m sure you will find it worthwhile.

thank you-

I only came across this thread a few weeks ago and have been reading and studying it. Before this thread i was a strategy jumper, changing my strategy all the time, and not focusing on one single strategy. And getting confused and annoyed (and losing money) when 1 strategy woruldn’t work, then spending the next section of my life learning a while new strategy :frowning:

I am getting my discipline in line now and will stick to this strategy.

Before reading this I was working on an EMA cross on dailies using stochastics, similar to this EMA Step Strategy, and this thread caught my eye when I saw it :slight_smile:

Will share my e-book on this method when i have developed it properly, although there is nothing new, just my take on it :slight_smile:

Happy trading,

steve :slight_smile:

I only came across this thread a few weeks ago and have been reading and studying it. Before this thread i was a strategy jumper, changing my strategy all the time, and not focusing on one single strategy. And getting confused and annoyed (and losing money) when 1 strategy wouldn’t work, then spending the next section of my life learning a while new strategy :frowning:

I am getting my discipline in line now and will stick to this strategy.

Before reading this I was working on my own EMA cross strategy on dailies using stochastics, similar to this EMA Step Strategy, and this thread caught my eye when I saw it :slight_smile:

Will share my e-book on this method when i have developed it properly, although there is nothing much new, just my take on it :slight_smile:

Happy trading,

Discipline, staying with your plan regardless of emotions.

Happy Trading

People still making money using this system? Kudos to Maurizio for the system.

I read the start of it last year but was too busy system hoping to make a real go of it. Am going to stick with it this time. If there any other newbies like me reading, then stick with one system, this one ;).

Was reluctant to trade today with Japan on holiday for Childrens day, but saw it as an opportunity to catch a small downtrend because of it.

I caught a down wave with GBP:JPY, perfect line-up at 8:15am GMT with stocs heading to 75 from above, CCI above +100 and decreasing, and a MA crossover after hitting the top bollinger band :slight_smile: Got in at 207.90, got out a bit early with 10 pips (my weakness :o ), was a total of about 75-90 depending on exit level.

Also caught a 9:15am GMT EUR:USD 20 pip movement to the downside :slight_smile:

Was not paying enough attention to a simliar move in EUR:JPY, but as a newbie I didn’t mind as I didn’t want to have too many trades on simultaneously to monitor, not until i am more confident of grabbing pips with this system.

Tomorrow is another trading day with more opportunities.

steve

Hi Steve

This method seems to be working for me, been trading on demo and live for a few months only on EUR/JPY (Daily, 4Hour , 10min). What is really great is it shows you when there is a high prob of a turning point and one seems to catch a trend quite soon.

Richrichie

Hi Steve,

I am still having luck with this system. Watch lower timeframes to try and time your entries and exits.

I have been looking at bolinger bands on top of the emas, also, which has been helping me pick profit taking points.

Stick exactly to the system, don’t try to get in early and don’t be greedy with it.

Hi richrichie and pippy longshorting,

I agree richrichie, the potential for a good move is highlighted when al indicators line up nicely :smiley:

When you enter on lower time frames is this where you wait till 2 or 3 timeframes are lining up correctly? And get in on the 5min? Or do you watch the 5min only then enter, and move up the timeframes?

To exit, do you move up the timeframes untill you see the move slowing down, then move down the timetrames again to get the best exit point?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile: I had a few losses using this system yesterday :frowning: But go the demo trading :slight_smile:

Works for me. I’m using the system on 7 JPY crosses looking at 30M and 60M charts then swithching to 5M chart for entry. Doing this is bringing some good positive results with my account going the right way :slight_smile: Need to work on my exits though as this is my weakness…

Good thinking, i just read some of the post again and tend to get out too early. Once i am in a trade i work my way up the timeframes as the BB gets hit, but i tend to fall for the psychological trap of looking down the time frames again and close out when the 5 min or 15 min looks like reversing, thus missing out the final parts of the trade on a 30min and 1hour.

Now that i have realised this i will (hopefully) stop doing it. I sometimes find the 5mins chart difficult to interpret with a lot of noise, so try and enter on the 15 min only.

Had a good day today with a down and wave with GBP:JPY, and EUR:JPY.

Hi Steve,
Agree your comment on 5M chart having much market noise. Think I’ll look more at 10M or 15M to see if I can duplicate results using these timeframes for entry instead.

Steve you just might be right about about exiting when the 15m chart is starting to run out of gas. I tried to ride out a nice g/u downswing after reading your post, and gave all of my pips back trying to be patient enough to catch the rest of the wave while watching the 1h chart…:frowning: The indicators ended up switching directions and everythig… So who knows… :confused: At this point I’m at a lost for words… Hopefully we can figure this out collectively. I could really use some insight on this isue.

for example, if you have a cross and step on the 15 min chart, look down to the 5 min chart and wait to enter until you have an indicator on the five min that corresponds to your indicator on the 15 min.

I use oanda so don’t have a 10 minute chart, and using this week to hopefully master my entries on a 15minute chart.

I do get confused jumping between too many timeframes, so going to look at 1 higher timeframe filter, and enter on a 15minute. Am thinking of only swaping between a 1 hour chart, and the 15 minute. I will wait for an entry signal on the 15minute, and only enter if the hourly is in the same direction, and see what this yields.

Lets all have a good week with this system :slight_smile:

Lol, when patience doesn’t pay! hehe I share your frustration with this, and this is something i am working on at the moment too, i agree, lets work through this together.

On my last post replying to Storm, i noted i am going to try stick to the 15minute and 1hour only. I don’t know ho often brilliant trade set-ups occur that you can work your way up all the timeframes???

So as a newbie will try sticking to the 15minute for entry and exits, only if the entries agree with the 1 hour chart :). I read on James IB:OB post that you shouldn’t switch timeframes as it gets confusing until you can read the markets effectively (confusing for newbies - of course this can be mastered, and mauziro has mastered it ;)).

The other trick i read on a post from Maurizo. Hopefully i can re-explain this here. On a short trade, he puts his take profit in (mentally or as a stop loss) 10 pips (or so, depending on pair) above the candle that hits the lower BB, and then lets the trade work up the timeframes, or get closed out if it does retrace, as it did in your case.

Hope this helps…

Here’s to a good week,

steve

I did try this, but got even more confused lol.

Sometimes when the 15min says buy, the 5 mins already has gone up and is in overbought. So i wait on the 5 minute to get a good buy signal there to, sometimes the 5 minute stays in overbought for a long time, in which case it is often to late to enter on a 15 minute, so you miss the trade, or enter too late :frowning:

Other times i enter on a 15minute (ignoring the 5minute) only to check it later and realise the opposite of above. This time the 5 minute was showing overbought and turned down momentarily, before continuing in the 15 minute direction. So i got in too soon at a bad price :frowning:

Talk about confusing! lol

Anyone else finding this or has a solution? For now I will still stick to 1hour filter and 15minute entry/exits :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

Just spent several hours on this thread, quite amazing & great thanks to maurizio for sharing … and speaking of maurizio, he has not posted here since Dec 12 … where is he?? And I never did see a post of his Skype name, a search on skype for maurizio77 came back negative.

Anyone know what has happened to our Leader??

Or has he become a multi-millionaire and is living quietly somewhere on a private island…???

Hey guys!

Rumour of my “millions” has been greatly exagerated!

I’m still here watching the post…the reason i haven’t been posting is because its so time consuming.
My work was suffering from my constant trading and research…and so was my relationship…all forex and no play is NOT GOOD!

I still trade, just not as much as i used to, i tend to just wait for the big movers, take my money, spend my money, get depressed at the money i have just spent…and then suddenly get back into trading LOL

The system still works.

In fact we had a good one today if anyone was watching the 3hr. GBP/JPY.

I personally got out at 203.00…but could have made another 70 pips! :S

Remeber, with this system, don’t just enter when you see the EMA cross, ONLY enter when you see the whole set up :slight_smile:

Maurizio77

:slight_smile: