Ema Step System

For some reason your response didn’t appear in the thread, so I’m quoting that from my email.

And yes, I did get out, and I got about 300 pips out of it. Wish I had been using real money there. You must be pretty happy with that one. :slight_smile:

I noticed there is a cross upwards already. Are you going to go long, or do you think it will come back down? The stochs and CCI are just coming out of oversold, so it’s a valid signal. I think I will go long, let me know your thoughts.

I have a lot of trouble with the lay of the land as well. When there is a trend the retracement never seems to go past the central bollinger band. Sometimes the only entry signal is when the trend begins to reverse. I think using support and resistance could help. The ebook mentions drawing trendlines which is a good idea too.

As for the ema crossing between candles, I think you could still enter if the price is going in your direction. If you wait for the second candle to close then you will miss the action. That’s just my opinion.

As I promise I’ll post my statement with all my position that I have been taken based on signal provided by this system.It’s on a demo account.
I mention that I didn’t stick to the plan entirely,my MM wasn’t so safety ,I give my SL much room to breath,but almoust every time this wasn’t necesarely because the price was going to my direction.

It’s everyone how is profitabile with this system on an live account?

I was trying to upload the statment but it doesn’t work,enyone can help my?

Hey people.

Thanks for your responses…and your kind comments.

To the people who are making this work…well done, the more ya do this, the more you begin to understand the price movements involved and the more pips you can squeeze out of a trade.

To those who this isn’t working for, keep going. Make sure you trade when all the triggers are met.

This system DOES work, give it time, learn it. Don’t give up if a few trades go awry!!! Ya maybe misunderstanding the system, ya may just be in a run of bad luck.

I trade this system everyday.

I trade it live.

I make more money than i lose…consistantly.

You can too.

[
hi maurizio i want your help when ema cross and anothaer signal met but just after crossing candle ema cross reverse how we can avoid this type of situation?

hi QUOTE=maurizio77;95307]Hey people.

Thanks for your responses…and your kind comments.

To the people who are making this work…well done, the more ya do this, the more you begin to understand the price movements involved and the more pips you can squeeze out of a trade.

To those who this isn’t working for, keep going. Make sure you trade when all the triggers are met.

This system DOES work, give it time, learn it. Don’t give up if a few trades go awry!!! Ya maybe misunderstanding the system, ya may just be in a run of bad luck.

I trade this system everyday.

I trade it live.

I make more money than i lose…consistantly.

You can too.[/QUOTE]

Interesting day:

11am (0 GMT):

• Long GBP/JPY (daily up, 8 hour up) buy=137.01
    exit at 11.54am TP = 137.30 (+25p)
    (should have stayed longer… at 7.28pm the darn thing was 138.90 (+ 190p)!!

• Short GBP/USD (daily up, 4 hour down, 2 hour down), sell=1.3947
    bad move… obeyed the daily and went up, exit -50p

7.30pm

• Just entered short EUR/GBP (daily just tanked & down, 8h down) attached chart, sell=0.9168

d.

The EUR/GBP yesterday was a disaster, went up 100p last night instead…

Just worked out why I’ve been having problems-- my charting app is drawing EMA1 on CLOSE and not OPEN… d@mn… ! Luckily I was reading through the thread each day and hit an email about using OPEN prices…

Also I noticed somewhere that Maurizio was using SS as 75 and 25 entry… and CCI at 25 – however in the ebook CCI at 20 is used, and I think 80,20 for entry in SS… ??

I just realized something else when looking over Maurizio’s ebook.

Examine your EMA1… in the ebook I noticed that the EMA1 is actually being drawn from OPEN to CLOSE on each candle.
So a new candle OPEN will have the EMA1 connected from the previous candle CLOSE, and then this candle will have a line from OPEN to CLOSE, etc.

This means that the EMA1 line will look quite different depending on your charting software… if you’re drawing it on open, close, or open to close. Thus people have been posting about crosses forming outside candles or next to candles instead of ON candles.

I would say, unless you can get your software to draw the EMA1 from open to close on each candle, then it might be easier to do away with it, and just look for when a candle itself crosses the EMA5, which would in effect be the first candle with the cross (and you would enter on the very next candle).

Hope this made sense…

D.

So Are u saying we should apply EMA1 to the open?I Use Mta trader 4.Also can anyone using the MTA platform give me the correct settings for the slow stochs “slowing” and the ema method.because the ebook didnt give any settings for these.Thanks

I opened Oanda (thats what maurizio is using) and MT4 at the same time and compared the two:

With Oanda you cannot select O or C (or anything else) for the EMA settings, just the number of periods.

If you use MT4 EMA1,O and EMA5,C the graphics are identical to Oanda (cross at border of candle), if you select EMA1,C and EMA5,C the crosses are exactly in the mid of the candles - but the very same candles.

Regards

Baby24

I’m at a loss now. Could someone please post the correct values for each indicator?

Thanks

ema 1 (close)
ema 5 (close)

bollinger bands 14,3
slow stochastics 14,3
cci 20

Oanda’s emas are set @ “close” with no option for any other setting. d

Yeah my charting app is also on “close”, but if you check the ebook and want clear X signals, you can see he has the EMA1 actually on the candle itself from open to close on each… “close” will work though, but sometimes show the cross appearing between candles instead on the candle itself.

There was a great setup this morning for EUR/JPY at around GMT 00.30 (ie. 11.30am in Aus).

The 15 min was crossed, and SS just crossed down, and CCI dropping.
The 30 min, 1 hour were also looking ready to drop, and 2 hour in overbought as well.

sold short at 128.56 and in an hour or so bought at 128.14 (42p)… there’s still juice in the trade though, since now the 2hr is set to drop as well, however, I just want to grab 40p and watch from the sidelines, since I’m still new at this.

I have been reading about this trading system, can someone pls email the ebook discussed in this thread. <[email protected]>

many thanks

M

Great day for GBP/JPY. I managed to snag 130 out of a possible 400 pips. Wish I’d stayed in longer.

Currently I’m short on NZD/JPY and AUD/USD (both crossed on the hourly). I’m up about 40 pips between the two.

FXstreet Live Sessions Archives: Capture reversal points with the use of indicators and oscillators. here is a video that takes a look into a strategy explained by sam saiden pretty much similar to the EMA step take a look

Okay, thank you again, I actually had most of it set up right then. I just don’t get what the 3 in bollinger bands’ settings stand for. Is it for shift or deviations? Thanks a billion to maurizio btw. This system just works, unlike countless others I’ve tried.

can someone please send me the ebook for this system

many thanks

This video not only gives us a better understanding of the EMA Step, but had plenty of other information that is both relevant and important to trading in general. Thanks for posting the link, Omotta22.
One of the things that Sam spoke of in the video was using a SMA and an oscillator (in this case CCI) to locate buying/selling opportunites within a trend. I have been experimenting with these CCI “failures” as I refer to them as and have found that they can be a fairly simple way to “pyramid”, if you will. My question is: Has anyone else had any success using a method such as this? I am trying to learn how to upload charts so I can show exactly how I use CCI.:smiley: