Ema Step System

Looking at the charts i think this system only works if you trade in the direction of the overall trend. e.g if you see a downwards trend on the 1 hr chart then go to the 5 min chart you should wait untill all the indi’s and cross candle to appear in the sell direction and then sell. but when reading the ebook it says this sytem can be used for flat, ranging and trend … i duno lol

i think he means if theres no clear trend on the 1 hour tf. you can use the system anyway… but if theres a clear trend on the 1 hour tf. you have to trade in that direction

heres my trade from earlyer today… it ended out as a textbook example of the system… but to bad i closed it early because i had to go to work

nice one … how many pips did you end up getting on that trade.

also did you start/enter your trade on the 30 min chart or did you start on the 5min then work you way up to 15 then 30min as sugessted in the ebook ?

what im findiing really difficult at the moment is be able to predict when the big movements are likley to be. ive been looking thru the charts all day today and have come across many correct signals where are the indis and cross candle line up perfectly but as soon as i enter the trade quickly go in the other direction.

alfa - how did you manage to identify that trade you did as being the one that would have good movement ? - if it even possible to do that lol

Hi Maurizio,

I read all the post trough and I d like to thank Maurizio for the time he spent in showing us your ema step s.

I d like someone could e-mail me Msurizio’ e-book. I have tried askung him but nothingh do fst. ALFA 156 i read u got the e-book.would it be possible for u to send me a copy.

Thanks in advance anyone can help me

sam

hi sam73

in about post #600 theres a link to the ebook

are you sure you read through it all :):wink:

enjoy

all good questions
i started on the daily TF. and then worked my way down and at 30m. TF. the setup looked perfect and if you look at the 1 hour TF. it looked like it was due for some down movement
but im having lots of losers to im still learning and will for a long time still to come

i think the higher the TF. the more acurate it is so im trying not to use the low ones… the higher the TF. the bigger the movement but you can still use a lower TF. for entry

happy trading from DK.

and by the way i only got a little pips on it because i got out early because i had to go to work and i didnt want to leave an open trade
hindsight is 20-20 and see now i should just have left it to do its thing :rolleyes:
but atleast i didnt lose anything and i got some experience out of it

heres todays trade… lets see where it goes

hey thanks for the reply alfa. im also going to look at that trade you mentioned and see what happens. what time frame are you entering on ?

Im entering on the dayly

Hi mauricio,

one idea that came to my mind as a possible improvement to your excellent system: How about adding a MULTI-TF ADX indicator or anything else indicating the volitility of the different timeframes. I think such multi timeframe indicators are not posssible with oanda - but could easily be run on an additional MT4 Demo in parallel.

So give it a thought.

How about your OTHER systems and methods???

Thanks

Baby24

Are you calculating EMAs on the open, close, average (h+l/2)? Just curious as this makes a difference where the lines end up on the chart. Thanks.

Brandon

Hi All In this Thread,
Ive read the thread and got the e book now trying on a demo. I seem to remember someone writing that if you enter on a high time frame say one day or three hours it is best to go to a lower time to get the best entry ,but if the higher time has crossed the lower time frame would have crossed already.
let me know if im missing somthing
ta in advance

can anyone give an idiots guide (hand up here;) ) to apply the settings in the ebook to metatrader 4?

just tried settings on oanda but for some reason it is really slow, i can’t find a way to enter the settings for overbought line @80 - Red and oversoldline @20 - green as instructed in the ebook.
maurizio i understand your not on the thread much now but i need to set up the indicators correctly because if i don’t no matter how much i follow your eight rules i will go wrong. hope you can help. i’ve enjoyed reading the thread, i was amazed how many people asked for the ebook by email when the link was clear…but then again those people prob have the setting correct and i’m the blind one :))

hi suunto
I also took a while to do this,but what you do is add a horizontal support / resistance line which you access from the top right of the chart at the 80/ 20 levels you can change the colout by right click and then you save as user preferance. i think yuo have to do each chart seperatly.

Hi Rich, thanks for your reply.
i know one shouldn’t assume but your talking about for oanda charts arent you?
i’d rather stick to metatrader if possible?
has any one set up metatrader successfully with the correct settings? my cci looks nothing like the oanda one in metatrader :eek:

sorry , didnt read the post before i was on oanda

Hi guys,

im still new to forex and im from malaysia. After reading post from beijingman, may i know does different platform use different time. Anyway i using meta trader 4.

Is anyone willing to share recent results with this trading plan? I am a newbie to forex (4 months in training). I’ve tried to demo this plan and have made positive results, but I did not track exact stats.

Thanks, guys.