Ema Step System

you can find ebook here : scribd.com/doc/16871718/The-Ema-Step-Forex-System

you can view it on the site or just sign up to download it (just use random info instead of personal info)

Hi Maurizio 77,

I am certain that the system is profitable for you, however, I am still struggling. Todays trade also went against me. I entered basis 5MTF and the 15M and 30M TF were also looking positive, but the SL still got triggered.

Is there something that we all are not able to spot, which is keeping you out of these trades in which we are losing?

Pls assist??

Cheers

Looks like you bought in a heavy downtrend, remember to get the ‘lay of the land’ before you enter…i havent been trading today as i did well yesterday and work is busy.

OK, what i will do is this, when i get some time i will go through each pair that i use, why i use them, then each TF i use and what i look for to tell me if i will trade that TF or not and what i am going to trade for the day ie;

What is the best pair for this system this session?

What is the best TF to be trading on this pair this session?

Am i looking at a range or a trend, in weither case, what is my strategy to enter with minimal fake-outs?

I do this stuff automatically in my head whenever i open my tradestation, i tried to explain it in my Ebook but perhaps i failed to set out exactly when and why i do what i do.

Try not to get downhearted with the setbacks, they happen, i lost more than i won to begin with, as i’m sure most people did.

According to statistics, 95% of new traders fail, that means that only 5% succeed with their trading, now out of that 5% how many do you think can instantly adopt another Traders’ systems and techniques and make them work immediately???

What we do isn’t easy, there is no ‘pre-fab’ system that works for everyone, we find what works for us, and then try to streamline and improve that strategy so we make more money for less risk and less effort. In order to do this you need to work on your strategy, just because you struggle to begin with, doesn’t mean you’ll never ‘get it’, what i would say is to trade a new system on either a demo account or live with miniscule lot sizes.

If you ever learnt to drive a car, you’ll remember how long it took to get the hang of it, you don’t just get in, turn it on, follow a set checklist then drive off do you?

You check that its not in gear before starting it up, you check your mirrors before putting your foot on the gas, you regulate your speed on the road by either obeying the rules set for that road, or by guaging your distance to the traffic around you, if you brake you change down gears, not a set amount but by what the revs and torque are requiring. Now if someone had told you all this (and obviously there is ALOT more to it than just that) you would’ve thought driving was unlearnable and immensely difficult, that you may never ‘get it’ and pass your test, but you did, it took a while, you still make the odd mistakes, but generally you get from A-B in one piece.

Trading really is no different, you need to stall alot before you ever really get anywhere.

Keep the faith bro!

Hi Maurizio 77,
Thanks a lot for the morale booster. Fully understand that I have lot of work ahead of me. The problem seems to be “understanding the terrain” for the day as different people view the same picture differently. Awaiting your reviews patiently. After having spent a lot of money on the various strategies sold by the “gurus” I have finally reached the conclusion that your system works best for me (at least as of now) which could be improved largely once I am able to read the “terrain of the day”. Fortunately, I haven’t lost much money in actual trading, which could be due to the fear of losing. These days I am using a demo account for trying out your system.
Hope to recover all my losses and “tutorial fees” from the market.
Cheers
Novice

Is it safe to use the middle Boll. Band, which is after all a MA, for the trend? I realize it will possibly be different on each individual TF but it seems this would be a quicker way to spot the trend on any given TF. d.

OK, what i will do is this, when i get some time i will go through each pair that i use, why i use them, then each TF i use and what i look for to tell me if i will trade that TF or not and what i am going to trade for the day ie;

What is the best pair for this system this session?

What is the best TF to be trading on this pair this session?

Am i looking at a range or a trend, in weither case, what is my strategy to enter with minimal fake-outs?

This will be a nice addition to the ebook you wrote … thanks in advance

Nice trades in play in eurusd, gbpusd, eurjpy, usdjpy, gbpjpy on my demo account.

OK, promised i would letcha know my thoughts in the mornings.

I wanted to go through each pair that i trade and explain my thoughts but work simply hasnt allowed me to. So what i may do is post some of my thoughts every other morning or so so that you start to see my methods.

Today all i manged to comment on was GBP/JPY…i just didnt have the time to do this for every pair i trade.

SO,

I Trade 5 pairs with this sytem; GBP/JPY. USD/JPY. EUR/JPY. Regularly.

I trade GBP/USD and EUR/USD less regularly but always look at them in case i see a setup.

First thing i do in the mornings is open my tradestation, as i wait for that to load i i go through all the news announcements for that day, i don’t trade on RED news, ie NFP or Interest Rate decisions.

Then i go through my charts, from Daily down to 5M, if things are really flat then to the 1M also.

I look for what the general direction of the price is, uptrend? downtrend? sideways?

If i see its an uptrend with regular higher highs and higher lows, i know that my preferred trade of the day will be Long, as this will more likely be a more profitable trade.

Then i will set up my channels and/or trendlines on the trends or ranges that interest me, i will do this all the way down to the 5M chart to see if i can spot any potential trendline breaks that will soon be followed by an EMA step. I will try to enter on a small timeframe EMA STEP, the ‘track’ that trade all the way through the higher TF’s.

Here are some pics of what i saw this morning.

So you’ve seen what i look at, what direction its headed, draw up trendlines, this will enable you to see which out of the 5m, 15m, 30m or 1hr chart is displaying the best Trends/Ranges for this system.

You want to use higher TF’s to show a trend reversal by PA approching the Trendline, then use a smaller TF to find an EMA step which coincides with that Trendline breakage. For example watching PA on the 15/30M chart, then using the 5M chart to enter using the rules of the EMA Step.

So we are letting the higher TF PA let us know where it’s going to be pulling our lower TF entry…this allows us to get into trades early and with a very small Stop Loss compared to the Pips we hope to gain, the R/R Ratio can be upto 1:10 or heigher!!

A common mistake is to start on the lower TF’s and try and catch a Timeshare trade all the way up…what you need is confirmation that its going that way, then sneak into a lower TF to get your best entry, THEN you can track your trades through the higher Tf’s.

So the price itself tells you there is a trade by changing trend.

The EMA STEP helps you find an entry on an earlier TF.

The Timeframes help ‘Track’ your trades.

The trendlines assist in exit decision.

So when you open a trade, and you’re not sure of your exit strategy, stick a trendline on it (on the next higher TF than the TF you entered on) and follow the trade until it looks like that trendline is going to be broken.

First pic is continuation of my first look this morning, the others are examples of what i have just written.

The first two pics are back to front, sorry. So look at the second pic then look at the first. Author is tired :o

SO here we have it, everything i have been writing this afternoon…played out as perfect examples right at thend of the day, i really couldn’t have been any luckier.

We saw the breaks in trend, we saw the early entry, we saw the clear exits.

Am knackered now, have a great weekend :0)

Great explanations…I look forward to more of them.

Has anyone developed a template or settings for Meta4 charts?

Is there a link or way that I could receive the E-Book of this system?

Thanks!

link below

scribd.com/doc/16871718/The-Ema-Step-Forex-System

Thanks for the scribd link PTB.

Best Regards,
Matt Jones .

Just pull up the two indicators from the Navigator list on to a chart, set the parameters, and then click on “Save Template.”

I know how to save the template but my charts do not look exactly like the charts that Maurizio77 posts. I was wanting to know if anyone has tweaked and adjusted their settings to duplicate the Oanda charts. For instance my BB are wider than his. I was doing the gbpjpy trade that he posted. My trade never hit the BB but his did. And I can’t find Slow Stochastic in my indicators list, only Stochastic. The appearance is very different, as well as the CCI.

Has anyone been able to duplicate it on the Meta4 charts?

His BB are set at 14,2 not 14,3 which it says in his ebook

Yeah…I’ve tried different settings and still didn’t exactly duplicate his. Perhaps I’ll need to get the oanda charts and use those. I thought about doing that and then adjust the mt4 charts side by side until I get an acceptable duplicate. I was hoping that someone has already gone thru the process.

One discrepancy may be caused by the fact that O. daily close is 24:00 EST, 11pm CST and many MT4 platform use any where from 15:00 to 18:00 EST. I don’t know if you can change MT4 charts to conform with O. so maybe a demo with O. is the real solution.

I have John B. book “Bollinger on Bollinger Bands” and his default is 20:2. He states that if you go to a 10 setting for instance then the 2nd setting should be 1.9. O.'s default of 14 might call for a different 2nd number according to Mr. B. but since I have had some success with the EMA strat. I’m following the maxim - “If it ain’t broke…” Just starting to get the hang of Time Shares

Good trading all. d.