ETH breaks through $2300

ETH has surged past $2,300, currently trading at $2,300.26. Ethereum prices are also on the rise, signaling the beginning of a bullish market.

Hi,
Yeah, I feel very smug having bought ETH and sold XRP last month. But it was purely luck of timing. I also bought some ADA and they have done quite well too. Sold some gold today (real physical stuff) so gearing up for a new year’s buying spree, just haven’t decided yet what to buy but there will be plenty of time for reflection and discussion with like minded friends in the next 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with that, I feel a bit smug too, having bought and still holding ETH I bought in 2016

1 Like

I was at a dinner party this evening with guests from London and Amsterdam. The topic of conversation turned to crypto. The husbands proudly told me that they had got out of crypto during 2023 having lost about 65% of value. They said they would never dabble in crypto again, ever. Then one of the wives showed me her account - separate from that of her husband. It had a current value of £116. I asked her how much she had invested, and when. She said £50 about 2 years ago. She said to me "it’s like my gold. You don’t buy it like a lottery ticket. You buy it because you don’t know what will happen in future, and like property and gold, it can go up and it can go down, but if it does stick around to become “the new gold”, I will be happy whatever its value is. Then she asked me if I thought BTC was a good investment. My standard reply followed.

There are about 9 billion souls on this planet, and there are probably 9 billion reasons that people decide to do something with some currency, no matter how big or small that decision is. So first, what is a good investment for me is unlikely to be a good investment for someone else. Second, are you able to define what is your goal? What do you expect will happen, and how long you will need to wait for that to happen. And if it does happen, and you exit that investment, what will you do with the currency then? Spend it, invest it in gold, silver, property, stocks, bonds, give it to charity?

It is at that stage that it becomes impossible to “advise” about 95% of those how ask. Because 95% do not settle their goals and objectives before taking a decision on their investments.

Whatever 2024 has in store for all of us this is as good a week as any to revisit your track record of goals, objectives, and outcomes to the end of 2023, and think a lot about how 2024 can be made better for everyone regardless of what 2023 brought in past outcomes.

Happy New Year to all readers.

3 Likes

Wow, ETH is really on the move! It’s like watching a rocket launch. Reminds me of a time when I first got into crypto and witnessed similar exciting moments.