Etoro Withdrawal help needed

Hello, I am about to withdraw some funds from Etoro, which were deposited a long time ago.

They were deposited with PayPal.

The question is that the withdrawal system seems very confusing. In theory, they claim the withdrawal will go to the original source of funding, but they also say that the 1st preffered option of withdrawal payment is debit card, and I remember that in the past they preferred always to send to the debit card linked, something I don’t want, because my debit card is in euros, and the conversion of my bank is dreadful. I would want to have them in my PayPal account so I can convert it to euros when it suits me better.

I did a test a few years ago with a small sum, and back then they sent it to my debit card as I believe my first deposit was with debit card, and after they sent it to PayPal.

The question is that too, my debit card is now expired.

Is there a risk that they might send it to my expired debit card and the money lost? I’ve read their customer care is dreadful. So I dont want my money to end up lost in money limbo.

So, what do you think? I should move without worries, all in one go (a bit more than 1000 $) and consider it will get to PayPal as it funded like this, and it will never be able to go to the debit card as it is expired?

Its not unusual for payments to be directed to debit or credit cards that are expired. This is common and not really a problem. The money is still transferred but it is held by the company which issued the card. If a re-fund has been paid, you should contact the debit card company and ask them to locate the funds and transfer them to you via another account.