Etoro

Hey, can some one give me An. Opinion about etoro broker ?

Thanks

Positives:
-Fast transfers of money
-Simple to use order system
-Copy Trades with open book.
-Pretty much standard spread throughout the day. EURUSD maintains a spread of 3 pips at all times for example.
-iPhone/Android App.

Negatives:

-Simple web trader platform
-Lack of MT4/5 platform
-Poor charting software
-$20-$50 withdrawal fees

Their system is extremely slow when there is high volatility on the market and it does not respond to actions made on their Webtrader because it’s made in Flash. They are promising upgrades on their webtrader for at least two months but nothing happened, all they did is some fancy upgrades on their Openbook.
Also their copying system works a bit different than vast majority think…it copies trades regarding to free amount of money, not total balance. And that is why a lot of people lost money because they exceeded 100% of their copied amount.

Etoro is horrible.

They only offer trading on their custom designed platform, they charge high fees and the social trading network is a waste of time… there are only rookie traders from what I’ve seen.

They are based in Cyprus. This might be a concern

They are quite a decent one. Best for newbies. Being in Cyprus for me doesn’t really pose a challenge.

This is my main worry.

At that end of the day, the question is: who and where do they bank with? If customer accounts are held abroad with top tier institutions, I can’t see these monies being at risk. The haircut was applied across monies held in Cypriot bank accounts.

I traded with them for 1 year and Their trading platform (Webtrader) is horrible. I lost lot money because of their system gets frozen. Don’t trade with them