EUR/NZD Strategy and Trade Journal

Okay, so this thing stopped me out . The EUR is rebounding. For how long, we don’t know. The chart below is a 5 minute swing set up. I did manage to scalp the blue range and recover some of what I lost. My usual mid-week scratch and claw session.

I have a swing setup on the 5 min chart. Will probably have to scale in as it pulls back. at this point EUR/NZD is always in long. Until it reverses…again.:sweat_smile:

Added another 1/4 to the position. Don’t know where the enthusiasm for the EUR is coming from all of a sudden…and I really don’t care.

Looks like it’s struggling a bit. Exited first position with 1:1 profit. Tightened stop to just below BO. Letting second position run. Will probably need to scale in as it pulls back.

ATR dropped to 5. Switching to 15 Min TF.

Good time to go flat. Waiting for BO.

15 Min EUR/NZD
Coiling for a breakout long. MT4 alarm set at resistance.

EUR/NZD BO and entry long. 1/3 position.

Added 1/3 to position. Tightened stop about 10 pips

Took profit on all three trades just before NY. Waiting for PB to enter again for final push. This is a 1 Hour chart.

Re-entered on this little PB and continuation. Not the best entry, but now always in long with a 1/3 position. Leaving my options to scale open.

Out with a small loss. Too much profit taking by the bulls. Going to wait for London to be finished. Also have US news in about an hour.

When in Rome…
Not sure how long this PB is going to last, but I would bet that this next 4 hour candle will be bearish

Scaled in 12 pips higher

Got out of first pos with small loss, out second pos with profit.

Trade the bounce back up:

Ugly scale in

Took profit on both positions at the top of the channel. Wound up B/E for the week. Try again next week. See you then.

Another week has started. Looking forward to redeeming myself from last week…and the week before…and the week before…and… :grin:

The mistakes to correct from last week:

1. Position size corrections. If I had that right last week I would have been profitable instead of B/E.
  2. Scaling in and out more. Tends to give higher probability. I’m a veteran, I need not be chicken any more.
  3. Better, slower analysis…always the case every week!

Now, looking at Asia session. Waiting for breakout of 40 pip range. Not in any hurry though. Looking to trade strength this week in either direction.

Fist trade of the week. This is actually a counter trend trade against the 4 hour trend. Trading very small position size (about 1/4 of normal size).

Trade went nowhere. Got out B/E.