Eur/usd 4 hour time frame

hello, can somebody kindly assist me here. on the four hour time frame EUR/USD i spot a patten im not sure if its a proper head and shoulders or symmetrical triangle. can someone give me a proper explaination on this. which side is it possiblely going break through?

Are you looking at this (I’ve only a crude neckline here):

If so, it has not broken yet. I would alsodraw attention to this long trendline on the daily. I would want to see a break/close through that first.:

But we do seem to have stalled on this upmove for now with lower highs on this daily. But with no follow-through on the downside from yesterday either (not even a new low), I am inclined to consider us in a neutral position here right now…

thanks the reply, so in your view it symmetrical triangle which will break to the up side possiblly

Well not really. As I said, I think we are in a neutral spot right now and it could go either way. I don’t pre-empt what might happen, I wait until something actually does! (or at least try to! :smiley: )

thanks for your views much appreciated

You’re welcome! I’m sorry that it happened to coincide with currently being in a flat spot after yesterday’s lower high and down move, leaving us in this “box” waiting for the next direction!

Of course the German elections are keeping things a bit “on the fence” so it is not surprising that there is not a great deal of movement today - if I really had to choose then I would be long with a stop somewhere below 1.1915-00. But I am flat right now and long Crude Oil instead…

Great analysis Manxx. Thanks for your insight.

1 Like

Thanks, yes, it seems up was the way! :slight_smile:
I went long EU this morning when the hourly closed above yesterdays high at 1.1955 and looking for a rise towards that down line, which today is at about 1.2025 but I will be out if we get somewhere above 1.20. Stop is now placed quite tight above 1.1955 to lock in at least something to end the week with! :smiley: