EUR/USD Daily Chart Reviews

The 1.3100 handle held like a charm! Did anyone sell?

Wow, the ECB did quite a number on EUR/USD. Thanks to the positive press conference, the pair was able to break out of its consolidation and mark fresh significant highs yesterday. IT would’ve been a good idea to play the upside break and ride the rally all the way to 1.3300!

EUR/USD dropped like it’s hot after the positive NFP report! Did anyone catch the move?

The market is awaiting for the judgment of the German Constitutional Court on the decision concerning the anti spread shield of the ECB. At 1.3285 wave C = wave A on EurUsd; rising above it would mean 1,358.

Dead market yesterday due to the absence of market moving reports. EUR/USD pretty consolidated the entire day and only broke out during the U.S. trading session.

Europe is hanging on the judgment of the German Constitutional Court. EurUsd is positioned close to the resistance of 1.328 beyond which it could reach 1.358… A new decision is coming: it might not be positive to the Euro…

Hi Big Pippin,

I’m a Newbie, busy putting my trading regime together. What I struggle with (Sorry I’m new so it might be a silly question) the most is getting access to the reports mentioned on the Economic calendar THE INSTANT it comes out. I’m following you and the rest on twitter plus Bloomberg and First Up (program on Bloomberg) and a few other trading individuals and I check in with the economic calendar on babypips.com but I see you can indicate exactly on your chart where the reports came out, but I can’t. The economic calendar tool on babypips is not updated when the market is already responding and even on Bloomberg (twitter and website is slow with updates) they take a while to report on these market changing reports.
I do admit I haven’t been able to check all the above mentioned sources on the time so I could be more diligent.
Just wondering:

1. the time indicated on the economic calendar for the report - is it GMT or when?
    I live in South Africa so we are GMT+2. I have noticed that Pip Diddy’s fundamentals come out at 4am (my time) which is great because I am up then ( I have a newborn baby and toddler so a mother never sleeps) and checks his report and then whatever activity I have on the twitter accounts that I follow - this leads me to my second and main question:
    2> any sugstions on where I can check on the economic calendar reports as soon as they come out, besides the babypips.com website.
    Any general suggestions to newbies on where to read up on fundamentals?
    Sorry for the long question.
    Thank you for your great blog

To " Pulsepip elite"

If you’ve not heard of ForexFactory.com then go to the site and select the “calendar” tab and maybe the market announcements there will meet your requested criteria. Hope this helps! :61:

EUR/USD traded in a tight range for the entire Asian session, and even though it broke out slightly during the European session, the move was still contained between a relatively narrow horizontal channel. It would’ve been hard to trade the pair as the bounces did not line up with potential inflection levels. Anyone had a trade here that makes use of major support and resistance levels?

It was a pretty volatile day for the pair. EUR/USD initially traded higher in reaction to the BOJ rate statement, gave up its gains as German officials debated on the legality of the ECB only to bounce back up again in the New York session!

HI Leap2win,
Thank you for the tip. Exactly what I was looking for.
Happy trading!!

Hi BigPippin,

I have major issues here. You see, I am very new at trading Forex and I need a group that will help me view charts to help me understand and read what the signals are; as well to help me make trades by the day so that I can begin to make some money. So, do you have any suggestion on where do I go to find this desperately needed help? Thanks in advance dude!

You are very welcome Pulsepip!

You can try my main blog! Here ya go: Pippin’ Ain’t Easy - Forex Blog: The Life & Times of a Forex Trader

Whoa! Divergences materialized during the day’s trading, hinting reversals. Did anyone catch the moves?

1.3340 represents the 61.8% of retracement of the bear market that began in February. A rise above this level would re-launch the ambitions of EurUsd strongly.

Market was like a dead fish yesterday. EUR/USD moved within a very tight horizontal range and didn’t experience movement until the end of the U.S. session. There were no economic data released too to create volatility.

A clear divergence for EurUsd on the intraday charts. The Rsi is falling and prices are rising… I think that the resistance of 1.334 will show its strength.

Thank you Bibpippin. I will give it a try!

Bigpippin, this might seem like a stupid question, but what is this telling me [B][GBP/USD: 1-hour][/B]. Does the 1-hour mean the time-frame that the trade should run for? Because I almost enter the trade and set the time for 1 hour, but I got a little nervous and never got in on the trade. Those pips will flip on you in a heart beat and I can’t afford to go out like that, not yet. I have to add some leverage to the account first. Help again Big!