EUR/USD Technical Analysis from a Newbie (need to be confirmed)

Supply overwhelmed demand.

Guys, maybe you can check this article out: Technical Analysis EUR/USD – Text-Book Fibonacci Retracement | Reactive Sounds

You come here for a laugh as well bro. Like the new aviator. :46:

I will check the article out, sounds interesting.

a weak correction in the start of the week let’s see what will happen today. have a great week everyone

The EURUSD will continue to fall this week if it doesn’t rise!

EURUSD fell during the course of the day on Friday session, testing the 1.28 level yet again. However, the 1.28 level is holding and did not break down below and as a result this pair should continue to go sideways.

EUR / USD moved lower on Friday, but after finding support at 1.2825 recovered slightly.
In 1 hour and daily chart, one can see a positive divergence between our studies of momentum schedules, and price movement.
This may indicate a recovery.
The 14-day RSI left the oversold zone while the MACD crossed above its signal line.
However, the price structure remains at maximum and minimum below the lower moving averages (50 and 200 days).
The overall outlook remains negative.

I think EUR/USD is still in consolidation, but in my opinion it will continue falling once it breaks below the support at 1.2820 - 1.2800. That said, we’ll have to wait and see what effect Mario Draghi’s speech later today will have on it.

Eur/usd is back to daily ranging movement, but we are still trading below 1.2870, further downward movement should be expected.

Good support for the EURUSD at the 1.2824, lets see if it breaks it or corrects from this point on.

Still holding short. We have seen a new low all 3 days since I entered. The 3-day high and my stop is just 26 pips above my entry. The trade is 53 pips positive at the moment. If we can get any further movement to the south in the coming two days I can move my stop into positive territory.

EURUSD initially fell during the course of yesterday session, but bounced just above the 1.28 level. The pair is going to consolidate within the 100 pips consolidation area from 1.28 to 1.29 level.

It looks like EUR/USD is headed north after all and we might see some correction. There’s a marubozu candlestick in the daily filter chart and the trend appears to be exhausted for the moment. I think the target will be 1.2950, perhaps even 1.3100 later on.

During the European session today, the dollar negotiates low against almost all G10 peers. Was higher against the GBP, stable only for the AUD.
The EUR / USD rose while the value of PMI is presented below the previous level (52.3 to 52.5), remained, however, above the neutral level of 50.0 for the 15th consecutive month.

the price failed to break the first resistance at 1.2900 and now we have no volatility price is barely moving

The EURUSD pair was in an uptrend from the 2012-07-24 low at 1.2041 to the 2014-05-08 peak at 1.3995. The trend’s end was confirmed just as the price also broke the 100-day low. Traders that shorted that break and have held that short are 650 pips positive in that trade today.

A word about taking trades at breaks of the 100-day low: A EURUSD trader who simply went long on breaks of the 100-day high and short on breaks of the 100-day low (an always-in strategy, either long or short, never flat) would have traded only NINE trades since May 2012. ALL of those trades would have been profitable and would have yielded a cumulative gain of over 10,809 pips with the most profitable trade earning 3620 pips and the least profitable trade earning 180 pips. That trader would have taken a profit of 329 pips at 1.3503 on 2014-07-18 on a long trade entered on the 2012-12-17 break of a new high at 1.3174. If you can stomach stops of 1000 pips at times (and leave them alone, staying in the trade), you can trade like that.

The upward trend ended with the confirmation on 2014-07-22 as the price broke lower than the 2014-02-03 low at 1.3476 which was the final low closest to the trend line before the 05-08 peak. This confirmation was significant also because it came just two trading sessions after the 2014-07-18 break to a new 100-day low. Under these circumstances, it is the short trades in this pair that have the edge. And that edge could last for many months. Look to go short.

lets see how the EURUSD keeps behaving, but it could try to correct some more to the upside.

Fantastic to see someone at last has a view based on technical analysis. Three cheers bro. Much much better that the rest of the crap that gets posted here. The price will go up if it doesn’t go down lets wait and see what news is released. Yawn!

Thanks for taking the time to share bro. I’m completely agree with you bro. The bears have the bulls by the horn.

Bob

Entirely possible, but don’t try to guess where to go long. Simply go short on the next break below a 3-day or 7-day low. If you wait for that, and we get a rally first, you will sit out for the upswing and trade with the trend on the next turn into the down trend. If the trend can’t keep going, you will sit out entirely.

I took a short position at 1.2906 on 2014-09-17 as the price broke below the 3-day low. My initial stop was at 1.2998 (just over the 9/16 high, which was the 3-day high). As the 3-day high has fallen, I have brought my stop down accordingly. As you can see, it is now just above the 9/19 high because that is the current 3-day high. If 2014-09-24 closes without going higher than the 2014-09-23 high of 1.2902, my stop will drop to just over that because that will be the new 3-day high. At that point, I will lock in 4 pips profit for that position and continue to groom my stop with my position for as long as we can go without a new 3-day high.

If my stop is hit today, I will lose about 25 pips and I can live with that just fine. My position size on this trade is such that I know I will live to short again on the next break of a 3-day low. Or to sit on the sidelines until the price action confirms a new upward trend into which I can trade long.