EUR/USD Technical Analysis from a Newbie (need to be confirmed)

EUR/USD is facing first supprot at 1.1814, followed by 1.1710 and 1.1662. Looking to the upside, a break above 1.1905 would enforce bulls towards 1.2069 and higher at 1.2167.

Since I am on Vacay and am on the sidelines Bloated with cash, I agree with Pete, and this is before 830 :smile: just on hold.

The Ever Vacay VIPER

While I work my hands to the bone…

EUR/USD bounced off from 1.1820 after finding some support there. The pair will likely consolidate until the fundamentals tomorrow.

Work your fingers to the bone, waddaya get, bony fingers :joy::joy:

The Never Bony Fingered VIPER

On yesterday session, the EURUSD initially fell but found enough support at 1.1829 to trim all its losses and managed to close near the high of the day, although the currency pair closed within Wednesday’s range, which suggests being slightly on the bullish side of neutral.

The currency pair continues trading above the 10, 50, and 200-day moving averages that should provide dynamic support.

The key levels to watch are: a daily resistance at 1.2115, other daily resistance at 1.2041, a daily resistance at 1.1910, the 10-day moving average at 1.1889 (support), a daily support at 1.1829, and a daily support at 1.1753.

The NFP did mess up the pair’s movement today.

Last week the EUR/USD pair did an amazing rally and hit a two year high at 1.2070, but afterwards sharply dropped to 1.19. The greenback sank on Friday after Bloomberg dropped headline that the ECB will probably delay tapering QE beyond September, which is responsible for the rally and thus the expectations of the market participants were poured with cold water.

1 Like

The key support area for next week is locatd at the 1.1790/1.1820 area, while first resistance is seen at 1.1920, next at 1.1960 and higher at 1.2030.70 region.

It seems that the week ahead will be very intersting amid the political turmoil today from North Korea and Trump’s response on twitter. From Europe we have ECB monetary policy meeting. Anyway my favourites will be the Swiss Franc and Gold.

Totally, North Korea started weigh in, risk turn to the downside.

On the last Friday’s session the EURUSD tried to rally but found enough resistance at 1.1976 to erase all its gains and managed to close near the low of the day, however the currency pair closed within Thursday’s range, which suggests being slightly on the bearish side of neutral.

The currency pair closed below the 10-day moving average that should provide dynamic resistance however is still trading above the 50 and 200-day moving averages that should provide dynamic support.

The key levels to watch are: a daily resistance at 1.2041, other daily resistance at 1.1976, a daily support at 1.1910, the 10-day moving average at 1.1908 (support), other daily support at 1.1829 and a daily support at 1.1753.

Stall time coming to an end, enough of this lazing about doing nothing just because Viper is on hols, time for some action.

Is that a bull or a bear peeking over the hr1 triangle … methinks I see horns :slight_smile:

1 Like

EUR/USD continues consolidating sideways. That said, there is a very impressive shooting star candlestick at 1.2070 on the weekly time-frame, so a new move to the downside is quite likely.

Hey, dude. yes I agree, I see an up pennant, could break out to the upside. This pattern usually follows the trend.

The Ever Still On Vacay VIPER

PS I just looked up the stats for this pattern in this pair, 97.35% of the time we have an upside break.

On yesterday session, the EURUSD initially rose but found enough selling pressure near the 10-day moving average to trim some of its gains and closed in the middle of the daily range, in addition the currency pair closed within Friday’s range, which suggests being clearly neutral, neither side is showing control.

The currency pair is trading below the 10-day moving average that should provide dynamic resistance however is still trading above the 50 and 200-day moving averages that should provide dynamic support.

The key levels to watch are: a daily resistance at 1.2041, other daily resistance at 1.1976, a daily support at 1.1910, the 10-day moving average at 1.1905 (resistance), other daily support at 1.1829 and a daily support at 1.1753

Well I continued my fancy purple triangle lines over until they met - right at 1900 - right where price is now.

VJ is on the weekly, Viper on the daily.

Long term charts can be dull,
Especially during a lull,
On the other hand Hr1,
Can be way much more fun.

By Peterma, the poet,
And he doesn’t even know it.

1 Like

Looking for a 15 min breakout over 1920, confirmation of breakout, 2, 5 min green bars, buy on third bar open, maybe have to hold through a bit of a retrace then, 22 - 36 pip payout.

I am just talking garbage, this is not intended as trading or investment advise. see your financial planner and or licensed broker before investing. If you follow this trade you will lose money.

The Ever Still On Vacay VIPER

You know looking at the first close over 20, even though it was red, I might have counted it as green since it opened and closed above 20. That would have put us in at 34. But maybe a better play will be the bounce off of 20 if it happens. I really like the 2 5min green bars on a breakout for entry though, really, really. .

The Ever Green VIPER

And people wonder why I am still on Vacay. No follow through and instant reversal. This pattern, with the right volume and momo behind it, 90% positive. But now, well, that’s why I am out.

The Ever Gittin Ready For Lunch VIPER