EUR/USD Technical Analysis from a Newbie (need to be confirmed)

EUR/USD failed to break out above 1.2070 again. The pair still seems quite bullish though, so there might be another move to the upside.

Not with my money Vicky

The Ever Relevant VIPER

The start of Draghi’s press conference skyrocketed the EUR/USD pair to a new fresh high at 1.2059. However later the pair retreated and the current market price is 1.2003. Upside remains capped by 1.2040 while dowside is limitted by 1.1980.

Into the w/e - up with the trend? - nah, methinks down

Talking of falling knives, well done to Eur/Gbp - didn’t let the side down despite the provocation from Gbp/Usd.
Tomorrow could see manufacturing numbers for UK reasonable, but it’s Friday.

On yesterday session, the EURUSD rallied with a wide range and managed to close near the high of the day, in addition the currency pair closed above Wednesday’s high, which suggests a strong bullish momentum.

The currency pair is trading above the 10, 50, and 200-day moving averages that should provide dynamic support.

The key levels to watch are: a daily resistance at 1.2115, other daily resistance at 1.2041, a daily support at 1.1976, other daily support at 1.1910, the 10-day moving average at 1.1932 (support), other daily support at 1.1829 and a daily support at 1.1753.

Yup, I now concur trying to base over 2046 on 4 hr.

The Ever Concurring VIPER

EUR/USD rallied again today and formed a new high at 1.2090. Clearly the bullish trend is not over yet and there will likely be a breakout above 1.2100.

How to know in advance whether there is a reasonable chance of good or bad numbers:

(see the release date)

Eur/Usd closed below yesterday’s high… down, down. down into the burning ring of fire.

1 Like

EUR/USD closed slightly above 1.20, up more than 150 pips for the week. The pair might meet first challenge at 1.2090, next at 1.2170 and higher at 1.2245. Looking to downside fist support is seen at 1.2000, second at 1.1945 and lower at 1.1875.

Market still fear on how Hurricans would affect the Dollar, I’m expecting the pair would extend its gain afer the correction movement. Resistance can be found around 1.2090/1.2100 zone.

On the last Friday’s session the EURUSD initially tried to rally but found enough resistance at 1.2090 to erase most of its gains and close near the low of the day, however the currency pair closed within Thursday’s range, which suggests being slightly on the bearish side of neutral.

The currency pair is trading above the 10, 50, and 200-day moving averages that should provide dynamic support.

The key levels to watch are: a daily resistance at 1.2115, other daily resistance at 1.2041, a daily support at 1.1976, other daily support at 1.1910, the 10-day moving average at 1.1948 (support), other daily support at 1.1829 and a daily support at 1.1753.

Hovering around 1.20, interesting to see what the week brings, a lot of fundamentals ahead.

Helped by a risk shift, Usd/Jpy and S&P on the rise.

Eur/Gbp fall has stalled, cpi out tomorrow, will likely show a continued wage squeeze with UK prices outstripping wages, imagine raising rates into such a mix, think what that would do to spending.

Anyways, off topic, or is it?

Keep an eye out for that cross and any effect on Eur/Usd this week.

Usually I’m not shy in calling direction, but not for tomorrow, maybe later.

OK, no base over 2046, that would have been at least 2 green bars over 2046. So now it is approaching the mean between near term 4hr 2072 and 1834, that # is 1952. I do not like trading when price hits the mean the 1st time, I have seen, statistically speaking, more success on the third and fourth breakdown. We are having more “Volume” moving back in. Confirmed by chatter on the CX platform and Bloomie. So it may just be a retrace looking higher or a breakdown. I’d say flip a coin with proper stops at this point. But kudos to the Dude who called this downward move on another thread.

The Ever Giving Credit Where Credit It Due VIPER

You know the drill, this is not trading or investing advice. If you follow this you will lose money. Before trading talk to your broker or financial professional. This is for my own entertainment only.

EUR/USD lost upward stength today , broke below 1.9070 and marked intraday low at 1.1954. However tThe decline seems to be corrective, as in the long term bulls remain unwavering.

On yesterday session, the EURUSD fell with a wide range and closed near the low of the day, in addition the currency pair managed to close below Friday’s low, which suggests a strong bearish momentum.

The key levels to watch are: a daily resistance at 1.2115, other daily resistance at 1.2041, a daily resistance at 1.1976, the 10-day moving average at 1.1946 (support), a daily support at 1.1910, other daily support at 1.1829 and a daily support at 1.1753.

Cpi is indeed showing the wage squeeze, Eur/Gbp was the mover, is dampening any buying Eur/Usd for now that is.

Wont bother with a link on pre-cpi info, but one thing worth noting - how the algos react to numbers.

Hey P, wass up. So on the 15min we finally had the break below the mean, on the fifth try, so if you entered early well there you are. Core CPI pre data helped the MoMo :smile:

The Ever Staring At The Screen VIPER

Hi Viper,

Yeah, I was having a laugh at the numbers algos - they are good at reacting but not great at thinking.

Eur/Gbp down which was the expected reaction, and if it is the case that there is poorer numbers on the earnings front tomorrow, which would not be a shock, then back up we go - with associated Euro buying.

That’s my thinking - but then the grey matter has reached d’un certain age as the French would say so likely I’m better to leave the thinking to the algos.

Yyyyyyyyuck forced vacation is like a timeout. This looks like a great short oppty. But what do I know.

The Ever Chomping At The Bit VIPER