EUR/USD Technical Analysis from a Newbie (need to be confirmed)

The euro rose against the US dollar on Friday. By the close of US trading, EUR / USD was trading at 1.1957, gaining 0.13%. I believe that support is now at 1.1862, the minimum of Wednesday, and resistance, probably, will be the level 1.2033 - the maximum of Wednesday.

OK fellow robots, want you to think about Monday.

I asked about that ‘rejection’ on D1 before close, the chart further ‘rejected’ after the post to look like this at close:

I’m not sure of it’s name but good chance any TA robot will know what to call that last candle.

Now the thing is this - UK got a little slap on the wrist from Moodys just one hour before the US guys went home for the weekend, result was a quick drop on Gbp, and a wee spike up on Eur/Gbp

So, if I were a thinking robot I would wonder what the UK guys, who were already in the bar and the Asian guys who were have a snooze, what will they think, or will they even notice.

Will they be too caught up in German news?

So my friends who never sleep, have you computed the results.

Merkel wins, but with a sting in the tail. Euro negative, the right wing enter, but think this, not as the opposition, the former partners of Merkel will take that role.

But like the UK pm she is wounded, so use that as the template my friends, set your orders as you did on Gbp.

For the ‘gap’ followers, when you hit the correct spot on the knee the lower portion tends to jerk outward, then it falls back.

The pair opens the week with a bearish gap.

The ‘bearish gap’ is now closed - very tradable action when that happens, some guys look to get half the action.

Btw, most guys now bearish (I’m guessing) so I will be careful if shorting, don’t like large crowds, they tend to squeeze people.

1 Like

On the last Friday’s session the EURUSD initially rallied but found enough resistance at 1.1976 to trim most of its gains and closed near the low of the day, however the currency pair closed within Thursday’s range, which suggests being slightly on the bearish side of neutral.

The currency pair is trading below the 10-day moving average that should provide dynamic resistance however is still trading above the 50 and 200-day moving averages that should provide dynamic support.

The key levels to watch are: a daily resistance at 1.2115, other daily resistance at 1.2041, a daily resistance at 1.1976, the 10-day moving average at 1.1934 (resistance), a daily resistance at 1.1910, the 50-day moving average at 1.1868 (support), a daily support at 1.1829 and another daily support at 1.1753.

On yesterday session, the EURUSD fell with a wide range and closed near the low of the day, in addition the currency pair managed to close below Friday’s low, which suggests a strong bearish momentum.

The currency pair is trading below the 10-day moving average and closed below the 50-day moving average both should provide dynamic resistance however is still trading above the 200-day moving averages that should provide dynamic support.

The key levels to watch are: a daily resistance at 1.1976, the 10-day moving average at 1.1918 (resistance), a daily resistance at 1.1910, the 50-day moving average at 1.1868 (resistance), a daily support at 1.1829 and another daily support at 1.1753.

The Euro is in a downfall this week. I hope the trend gets back.

The bears continue to dominate this morning having the EUR/USD below 1.80 handle with current market price 1.1778. Immediate support is seen at 1.1760 and next at 1.1730.

The price sank below the 50-day SMA after 4 months and the next strong support level is the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement level with high at 1.4000 and low at 1.0325, near 1.1727.

Finally the EUR/USD pair exited from the consolidation area 1.1820 – 1.2030 and is moving lower near 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level (high at 1.4000 and low at 1.0325.

On yesterday session, the EURUSD initially fell but found enough support at 1.1753 to recover some of its losses however closed in the red, in the middle of the daily range, in addition the currency pair managed to close below Monday’s low, which suggests a bearish momentum.

The currency pair is trading below the 10 and the 50-day moving averages both should provide dynamic resistance however is still trading above the 200-day moving averages that should provide dynamic support.

The key levels to watch are: the 10-day moving average at 1.1894 (resistance), the 50-day moving average at 1.1865 (resistance), a daily resistance at 1.1829, a daily support at 1.1753 and other daily support at 1.1720.

EUR/USD broke the support line at 1.1730 and now is heading towards next one at 1.1660.

The single currency recorded a negative session against the US dollar on Tuesday. After a steady downward movement, the currency pair lost 56 pips at a closing price of 1.1792. Daytime extreme values were reached at 1.1861 and 1.1757 respectively. In the short term, the outlook remains negative, as a breakthrough at 1.1735 will test 1.1670.

Support: 1.1735; 1.1670;
Resistance: 1.1910; 1.2080;

Well the shorts are now in full swing, this is the time that I get itchy buy finger, price 1750, important to wait for the squeeze to start, just the beginning signs - Eur/Jpy h1 will do nicely as an indicator.

Thank you robots for your kind attention, no need to reply.

Don’t get burned big P.

The Ever Holding The Fire Hose VIPER

Lol, Vipe, remember down, down, into the burning ring of fire .

Maybe soon time for the phoenix to rise… watching mid Asian coming up…

Have gloves on re the falling dagger :slight_smile:

I salute you Sir, pretty strong support at 1691, but if it breaks that, 1125 would be next on the daily. It would be a sweet ride. The only thing buggin me is the 2070 - 1691 range that we have been floating between since the first of the month.

The Ever Watchful VIPER