EUR/USD Trend For Today

It’s very heavy week for this pair. I’m hoping there will be some actions from the ECB.

In fairness to Draghi, the Germans have impeded his actions, their well known fear of inflation, stemming from their history of hyper inflation in the years between the 2 wars has shackled the ECB.

There was some rumblings 2 months ago from Bundesbank that maybe there is some threat of deflation after all, but to date the attached article in Dec past has represented the general attitude from that quarter.

Has this attitude finally changed, is the monster deflation actually knocking politely on the door?

Deutsche Bundesbank - Topics - No sign of deflation

I should have added, the rumblings came from Weidmann April, the same man who scorned the notion of deflation back in Nov.

This from Reuters on April17:

Insight - ECB hardliner Weidmann comes in from the cold as deflation threatens | Reuters

That’s a fair statement, but if Draghi decline to do anything tomorrow, market will be extremely disappointed, and no amount of pillow talking will stop the euro breaking 1.40 level this time.

Rate cut may not be just enough, if that’s all they do without start QE, the euro will moving up.

Hello traders!

Well, it has been a day worth waiting…

I am very happy on a personal level, as I bagged 239.8 pips today!

[B]S&P500[/B] LONG: +102 pips;
[B]AUD/CAD[/B] LONG: +31.3 pips;
[B]EUR/USD[/B] SHORT: +52.3 pips;
[B]EUR/NZD[/B] SHORT: +54.2 pips.

Whatever happens, I am happy with what I have

and greed will not get to me this time!

How did everyone do out of this?

Happy Trading.

Was a good day for myself as well

Pipme, you had a good day, most often we hear of those who fail so it is good to hear the opposite, I hope that many learner traders will take encouragement from your experience.

You are a teacher, there is a fine line between the teacher and the pupil, they learn from each other.

Sometimes when you play an absolute perfect piece, then you move on to the next. The pupil may say to herself ‘I could never play that well’, in that instance you have failed as a teacher.

Instead, you show that pupil ,note by note, chord by chord, how it was that you play, the pupil realizes that she too can achieve this, now you have succeeded as a teacher, also you have learned.

Nice trading PipmeHappy :slight_smile:

Nice work, everyone, it’s good to know someone doing so well.

Dear Peterma,

as always, you are articulate, insightful, and masterful in your writing… How right a note you strike, when

mentioning the teaching and learning process!

I certainly have nothing to teach you(!) but if I were to teach a newbie how I did manage to win out of

riding the volatility today, I would say that it was down to (in no particular order):

1. a bit of luck (there always will be some, and I am not ashamed to say it);

2. my own analysis of the chosen pairs, not anybody else’s;

3. entry orders, not market orders;

4. managing trades manually where necessary.

There you go!!!

Happy Trading, Peterma, you are a LEGEND!

The ADP data were much worse than expected. Market expectations were for a 210,000 reading, but it was only 179,000.
So the expectations for the NFP today are 218,000 and I think they will be 187,000 worse than expected.
EURUSD, GOLD should rise and the Indexes should fall!!
Could this be a sign of a potential correction in the markets?

Hello traders!

Honeill, you are right to mention the ADP, and indeed this figure is usually a useful pre-NFP

ticker to guide positioning for this event… I wanted to bring in John Kicklighter, Chief Strategist

for DailyFX.com, who released a strategy video this morning that deals specifically with whether

THIS Non-Farm Payrolls release will be market-moving… He makes some interesting analyses

about the different impacts of NFPs in time, and how much more difficult it has become in recent

times to position oneself according to traditional ‘risk-on, risk-off’ themes when it comes to news

events such as the NFPs… Just look at how counter-intuitive the Euro has moved yesterday in

response to the ECB’s rate cut and negative lending rate: it should have gone down, but it went up…

What will a lower unemployment figure do to the USD in terms of the ‘Taper’ and rate hike speculation?

How will a positive NFP surprise shake the markets? What about equities… Will a strong ‘safe-haven’

dollar mean a slump in the S&P500, for example, following its rally post-ECB rate decision?

Enjoy…

Thanks for sharing the video, really enjoy it.

Thanks PipMe, I have learned from you today - especially item numbers 2 and 3.

Nice teaching :slight_smile:

Ah, I really cannot get away from this teaching compulsion!

Time for a career change? :18::18:

guys did you think eur/usd will hit at 1.342 today i have a short position ?

watch for the high-impact US Durable Goods Orders in about half an hour (1.30pm BST / 12.30pm GMT)…

was good 4.0% that make dollar to be more strong on the market

Well…

EUR/USD did a BIG FAT NOTHING today…

FOMC was a non-event…

Pah

the dollar on top 10 months high more drop on eur/usd