EURGBP Short Trade

Todays pair EURGBP is in a funny place for me. The support zone below is a strong one. We have reversed from here multiple times. So for this current bear trend id like for price to break it before i sell it around here. Another lower low under that zone and then sell on the lower high would be my ideal situation. We could look for buys at this support zone below, but i think overall its likely to come down for more pips than up. Let me know your thoughts GLIYF

Morning all new week upon us. Last time i looked at EURGBP i was hoping for price to drop through the 0.89 level. But it found support and the vaccine news has helped price come back up. The trade idea i have is from the level above with the confluence of the trend line . Watch for resistance forming on lower timeframes at that zone for entry. nice 1:4.4 R:R on offer with this setup back down to bottom of the wedge . GLIYF

Back on EURGBP today and im watching carefully on lower timeframes for price to reject this area. If we get reversal signs on the 1H/4H time frames then i will be entering. Plus if the daily candle closes below the trend line then were in business. Remember dont blindly just enter look for bearish signs on lower timeframes first. Nice R:R 0f 1:4 on offer with this setup. GLIYF

1 Like

I think the increased potential for a no deal trade deal could send this through the resistance and perhaps see a break and retest scenario. Not good for either but less so for the UK

New week begins, back to EURGBP . Cant make it any easier for you to follow. Surely if you followed the last chart i posted you would of sold the rejection from the level marked out. Currently running 120 pips in profit. Price is at a little support zone . So i say it again Move your SL into profit and make sure you lock them in and not give any back to the markets, just incase support is found and we see a turn up. We can always re enter again if it comes back to entry levels. have a good week all GLIYF

1 Like

Lovely rejection from that zone. I’m honestly surprised this pair is still respecting the technincal levels with this wretched Brexit deal rumbling on.

Good news checking in on our EURGBP sell today. Price has dropped through that little support shelf. Naturally id like to see it create a little lower high for another push lower. Keep holding for now. i would suggest in moving your stop loss around 100 pips in profit, currently 130 . just to guarantee some profits as there’s vital Brexit deadlines this month and anything can pop up at any time. Best to reward with at least 100 pips for xmas :slight_smile: GLIYF

Good morning all, new week begins. Happy to report that EURGBP has hit our TP zone. Last time i reported on this pair i was looking for the lower high to be made and to put your SL in profit. If you did you would of got stopped out in profit. But it came right back to our entry zone and had a huge rejection. So if you held or re entered you would of been fine. TP zone was hit of 230 pips. Not a bad trade to start the new year off. Will look for the next trade and report back this week sometime. Happy new year all GLIYF

On the last post of this pair we had our TP hit. But looking for the next trade i think i would be inclined to wait for the break of this big wedge . i think we will have more action if it breaks below and the GBP regains more of its overall strength against other countries. I personally think we will see sideways action for a good few days now. But as always let price show us the direction and follow along with it. Either buy or sell the break or wait for the re-test. Should be a failry easy trade for us to take, prefer the sell personally lets hope price agrees. GLIYF

Afternoon. Was waiting for EURGBP to give us some direction for the future trades. Currently we’ve dropped through this trend i have drawn out. There’s two trades here that could be taken for me. One is on this re-test of the break. Wait for resistance and the reversal signs on lower time frames to enter as it could easily rise from this support area . The ideal trade would be to drop through support zone and sell on the retest of that. Remember dont just enter blindly wait for that signal of direction. GLIYF

I find chart patterns quite helpful when trading forex because they are capable of highlighting areas of support and resistance, which can help a trader decide whether they should open a long or short position. The patterns also help them know whether they should close out their positions or not.

1 Like

Good afternoon all. I’ve entered a small 1% position on EURGBP . Looks like a classic break and retest to me. Yesterdays candle wicked right off the wedge , todays also tested and started wicking out so i entered on that premises. I only used a small 1% position as my ideal trade is below the support zone we are at. I will be watching this one and if we get a break and re test of the support zone then I will be stacking another larger position. GLIYF

Updating today on the EURGBP sell i took. Friday saw a little pullback in price on EUR pairs. Came back to entry zone, so if you missed the first entry i took there was a very easy second opportunity to take the trade. We are still making lower lows and lower highs so im still in bearish mindset for the position. Currently 40+ pips in profit, If we can break through the support on this next attempt then it should be good to drop through. GLIYF

Quick check up on EURGBP now the weeks trading has finished. Its moving in our desired direction but a little slower than i would like. Bur we can now see the EMA’s spreading out in a downwards direction indicating the stat of the trend. So hopefully it continues next week and we get a more significant drop. Peaked over 100 pips in profit on this position so far, currently 70+. Ill keep holding for now. Have a good weekend all. GLIYF

Checking in on EURGBP trade. Currently 90 pips in profit, still below the support zone which held for a long time. I am seeing a spread in my EMA’s, and critically pointing down which indicates a trend forming. Hopefully we can get a nice push like i have marked out previously on the chart. I would keep holding for now and set SL to BE which give us a nice buffer for price movement. Will update again in a couple of days. GLIYF

Checking back on EURGBP today. Nice to see price has followed out desired direction and analysis. Currently we sit 160+ pips in profit on the first position. If you caught this first one then keep holding. You could stack or enter if you missed it on a pullback to the support zone broken, for the next push to our TP zone. Im sure it will be upon us, but you never know. Set SL to BE and let it ride for now. Moving averages are expanded so that’s a nice sign of strength coming. GLIYF

Good morning all, New week begins on EURGBP . Nice to check in and see that price is still following our desired direction to the south. Currently today we have hit the lovely 200 pip profit mark. GBP is strong across the board currently, We may see a pullback in price and create a lower high. You will most likely see it react to the EMA’s and then continue, which could be a good place to stack trades if you so wish. But for now keep holding, bank profits if you wish we should see TP zone hit soon enough. GLIYF

Checking back in on EURGBP today and happy to report price has hit our first TP projected zone. We returned 230 pips on this position. Onto the next position and i would like to see some price action similar to what we saw previous to the left in the squares. Look for price to make a lower high and to possibly reject off the moving averages. My entry position might not bee off the resistance zone above so bear in mind i will be watching price action when it gets to the EMA’s. Wait for rejection and reversal signs on lower TF’s. GLIYF

I haven’t been shorting this much as it went down, concentrating on the GBP-based buys.

But I take the orthodox view. GBP is still strong across the range of currencies and specifically the EU and ECB can do nothing to strengthen the EUR, so I expect this pair to fall significantly further from tomorrow onwards.

Good afternoon, Markets have alot of movement at the moment. We are seeing a lot of trending price action that’s for sure. GBP is very strong across the board. On EURGBP price has broker the long standing demand from march 2020. Which Should open the doors for further movement to the weekly demand area’s sitting below. But first i thin we could get a pullback to refuel the tanks for the move. Im looking at the trend line or possibly the supply zone that gave the push for the break of demand for a sell. Wait for this to play out and look for those positions for price to play out. GLIYF