European Football back in action!

Everything was under control and then Lloris happened…

Nail biter.

Spurs could be up by 2 or 3 really. Let’s see if they can close it out. Another 10-12 min left.

Oh no…2-2. It’s a game. PSV playing like it’s the final.

Uh, no. We stink again. So, IF we…and then they,…before the…
Oh, never mind. Maybe we’ll win the Cabao Cup…

1 Like

Gunners with a tie. So close to extending the winning run. But a point is a point. Interesting game coming up for you today. Good luck, I hope you get the win.

Tough match. 1-0 to Man City. Considering the goal came at 6’, hard fought but Man City leading all stats. Perhaps Poch could have brought the reinforcements on earlier. Kane wasn’t getting much service.

Ugh. First time in EPL history after 10 matches, 3 sides haven’t lost.
Then there are Arsenal and Tottenham.

I hope they have long and prosperous CL campaigns and leave us to fight for the league. We can dream, right?

Tough match against Man City the other day. I didn’t realize who you all were missing.

But speaking of Man City, have you heard of the Man City/PSG/FFP/FiFA/Qatar World Cup/Infantino/Saudi investment scandal that just broke?? Too much money at stake for real punishments to be handed down, but man, this is like a soap opera. Interested to see where this goes. Hopefully somewhere. WC changed to the US last minute? Ha, I can dream, right?

My Bayern is also being pulled into scandle about apparently making plans to possibly leave the league. Doesn’t sound possible, but what do I know.

Good news is that Arsenal have a gigantic game tomorrow against Liverpool, but bads news is we’re plagued with injuries. LP is missing a couple key defensive players, so hopefully that gives us a sliver of positive mood going in. Should be a really good one, and if we win, that’s a big if, could help to set the tone going into Jan. Exciting!

@cigarmanstan I also forgot to ask you about the likelihood of Poch leaving to take the Madrid coaching job. Any chance of that? Any rumblings being heard? Madrid is a massive club to manage, for sure, and he would get his transfers every window.

I don’t know anything more they I read, and Poch HAS taken the company line about it being no big deal that they didn’t bring anyone in via the transfer window. I think the big problem at Spurs is not having their home pitch ready till after the New Year, and who knows when after that?
Would be hard for Poch to say no to Real, I would think? The money, both for him and transfers, is unreal. World Class position, for sure.

You pleased with your draw yesterday?

Big money on the table. Hopefully he stays.

Absolutely! I’m a big fan of Liverpool and Klopp. I love his attitude and the emotion he shows on the pitch and with this treatment of the players. I watched him for several years at Dortmund, so it’s great to see that he is still being who he is. And the side stories of seeing ex players playing against their old coach (Auba and Mkhitaryan) is always interesting to see. I wonder what goes on in everybody’s heads.

But I had to choose between Chelsea, Man CIty and Liverpool to win the league, Liverpool all the way. I mean I’m rooting for the Gunners as well, but I think they’re frail on the defensive end (as they have been for a while now). They’ll change my mind if they get a victory against on of those three or the Spurs and Man U, as our record against the top six has been so poor, I think something like 3 in the last 28. But perhaps a bigger goal threat from our forwards and actually scoring more goals, will be able to cover up some of those defensive holes. Klopp was right about wondering when Van Persie and Bergkamp were going to get on the field. Haha!

But it was great to see the back and forth and chances created by sending crosses in the box, against a team that’s had a pretty good defense lately for such things. Granted, Mane’s goal should have been good. It would have been interesting to see how Arsenal responded with an earlier goal against them. But, you play with what the refs give you. And Liverpool had many great chances that didn’t fall, with a couple from Arsenal later in the game,

Overall, I’m happy with a point!

And plenty of good CL matchups this week:

Juve V ManU
Ath Madrid V Dortmund
Napoli V PSG
Inter V Barca
Lyon V Hoffenheim

Good luck to your Spurs!

Congrats on the come from behind win! Inter up next will be tough, but winnable for sure!

Jeez. Down to must win, now. Barca are through so it’s either us or Inter.

Perhaps that good news. Beat Inter, and maybe play a less than A-squad from Barca. Maybe they play the reserves or development players.

Well, we’ve got some international play this week. Couldn’t have come at a better time for Arsenal. Plenty on the bench, injured.

• Koscielny
  • Mavropanos
  • Monreal
  • Elneny
  • Welbeck
  • Licktsteiner
  • Auba
  • Lacazette

How are the Spurs fairing, injury wise?

Lot out and Poch complaining about having to send everyone off to international duty.
USMNT v England at Wembley today with a farewell to Wayne Rooney?!

I saw that headline. Good for the FA(?) on going that route, regardless of his retirement. I think he’s in form enough to add something to the team. And it’s Wayne Rooney! Coverboy of FIFa soccer for crying out loud! And it will be interesting to see this US squad play. Lots of international players on the roster, which I think is great to see. The USMNT needed that some time ago. Glad to see it’s actually happening and the boys here are making it out.

Lots of younger guys on USMNT, which is good and should bode well for 2022.
I’m pretty sure Southgate will not feature Rooney, but I could see him coming in
as a substitute in the 80th minute?

Does a friendly garner many eyeballs from the fans? What about because its against the US? Any more or less interest? I imagine since you all did so well at the WC, there’s more interest than before.