Excel spreadsheets

Is there a collection of spreadsheets out there that would be useful for a forex trader (not an experienced one or someone savy to excel…lol)

I’m looking for a spreadsheet that can show me how my money can grow if I acheive XX% growth each month, and then break it down to how many pips I need to gain and contract size. for example, if I had 10k to invest, and I earned a hypothetical 18% monthly where does that put me (with that performance) in 24mos. and how many pips do I need to earn.

I know there are a lot of spreadsheets out there, I really don’t know what I am looking at and I’m not that good at excel to fiddle with them. So, a big thanx to anyone that can help, and I’m sure others will appreciate too.

I do not know of a sheet that will do as you want, however, I am quite sure that you can get the results by using a calculator and some simple math. I am not so sure that you should be spend a lot of time calculating compound returns, instead develop a trading approach that will give you a decent return and then see where that takes you. Without the trading approach. no sense in knowing the numbers. however, with the successful approach, the numbers are easy to see.

Here’s one that RCarter and I came up with. I haven’t been using it. But you may find it useful.

Forex spreadsheet.zip (68.3 KB)

1 Like

Here you go. I attached a forex income calculator spreadsheet and a compound interest spreadsheet. For the income spreadsheet, if you have 10,000 and you want to risk 1% with 50 pips s/l and 50 pips t/p and number of lots, it will calculate how much you will make in a day, a month, and year. Of course, you could play around with those 4 variables. Compound interest, put in any amount you’ll start off with and if you make 10% a month, 20%, 30%, 50%, and 100% you will know how much you’ll make in a year and so on. Enjoy!

Forex Spreadsheets.zip (189 KB)

1 Like

thank you for the contributions!

you clearly underestimate the power of excel!
from the simple compound interest you can get to treat and quantitatively evaluate macroeconomic data in order to generate real bias (long / short) through a precise and overlapping analysis.
and precisely the analysts are hired to do exactly this, and simply using the same tool that we have at our disposal, that is excel!
Take a look at my thread and see that you will change your mind about the potential use that could be made of it :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Thread: I've made all G10 forex spreadsheets using Anton Kreil's PFTM Method

Good luck :slight_smile:

I just downloaded that chart i cant thank you enough…