Expectations vs Reality in trading

Very wise words, anything worthy takes time… N the journey should be enjoyed rather than the destination to be obsessed

I love how you put it out there the whole truth and exactly what we all experience

@ria_rose Hell to the niz-ah. (no) I am far from looking for money or any thing. Simply trying to trade learning information and share each others practices and knowledge.

@Bionic0101 How long have you been trading?

1 Like

Been doing so for 8 years… You?

Well said; it’s a smart profession, so no way to make huge money without enough hard work & determinations.

1 Like

I am not obsessed to become rich just because of forex trading It is not a real thinking. One can gt some regular profits or he has to spend a lot of time and energy to learn it professionally. he can be contented on what he is getting from market . I am happy when I had no loss it is also a positive way to accept reality. My efforts make me able to avoid loss one day I can make desired profit. .

1 Like

May I know your procedure of mediation? Is this like general meditation process? Or have any particular section on that?

1 Like

Nice approach, at least you will take reasonable risks in trading and have better control over your trades.

1 Like

OMG! :smiley: That’s great! :smiley: Well then, I’m super excited to see how I can help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My two cents- The best funds in the world generate 1-2% monthly. As a retail or private investor, you can make more by leveraging your account. The biggest goal in your trading journey that I don’t think enough people talk about iis understanding WHY the markets are moving the way they are. Trading mechanically ends up faltering, that’s why you never see an EA that stands the test of time. Learning the why’s and also discretion in how to interpret market moves will ultimately change your path.

2 Likes

12% yearly gains? I would say its too much for big hedge funds.

1 Like

For sure on the high end. From my understanding most target 1-2% monthly gains. A 12% increase would be a heck of a year.

1 Like

This is extremely powerful knowledge my friend i love this

A good rule of thumb I use for a leveraged account is 1-8% gain monthly target. Some will be better, some worse. Consistency is the key

1 Like

This is really nice target for investors but what I read from mainstream media like Bloomberg or CNBC, they barely outperform S&P 500. Could you please name some widely known funds which claim such mouth-watering yields

1 Like

There have been years where they have exceeded 12%, although not as much lately. Check this out which shows funds FX returns since 1987

1 Like

That is the hard reality of forex. Most of the people think that in forex business you’ll get to wear a fancy suit, drive posh cars, etc etc in a matter of months. But the reality is different. It is extremely hard work. However if you are smart enough to survive till the end then you could get all these riches. But that happens with very few. Most just fizzle out in the beginning

2 Likes

WOOOW this is poweful!!

Absolutely, it’s a long rise; I agree with you because a number of new traders join here with a short-term success plan!

1 Like

Very true,which country do you come from