Experience with GFT?

Hi Everybody,

I was going to go with MB Traders but with this 20 mil requirement I guess I’ll have to think twice. Damn, thought I had that settled.

Oanda won’t work for me because they’re constantly dropping offline.

GFT has been calling me and I’m wondering if anyone has experience with them. I do like their charting, but that isn’t everything.

I’ve read alot of negative reviews about them, but how do I know they’re not just from disgruntled traders that would have lost their accounts anywhere.

Anyone that knows this broker live trading please let me know.

Upon further research, I do believe MB will still be around. I am going to contact them and see what they say.

They’re backed by Penson which is worth over 200 million.

Another thing I’ve been wondering about is what about a natural disaster? They’ve got that covered too…Nice.

I have been considering going live for the first time and have been leaning towards GFT (Global Forex Trading). Would those that use this broker please share your thoughts and experiences?

Thank you!

I use GFT and they are pretty good

however, sometimes their feed is much more volatile their the IB feed. so, I do believe that they hunt for your stops.

they offer a 400:1 leverage, so if you know what you’re doing, you can be pretty profitable with them :cool:

Roger, thanks for the input.

How do you find their fees? I see in some reviews that they’re steep.

Also, have you ever had a problem with Floating P/L > Unrealized P/L > Realized P/L ? Some reviewers state that they will come back and say a trade was invalid.

Thanks again

Jeff

yes the fees are pretty high but they do have good charting.
they also offer a 400:1 margin, so once you get successful, you can use the money you’d have not tied up with your margin and put it into other investments, etc

i’ve never had that problem before

I,v been with GFT for just over a year.I,m a 5 min trader.I,v never had a problem except once and that was due to internet problem on there side.Once in a year is pretty good.I don’t set stops so i can’t tell you how they chase them. I have a trading system on FXDD and there price action is bang on,sometimes if it studders its only out 1 or 2 pips.

I get my money the next day when i withdraw it.Never had a problem in that department.

There invoices are confusing but  they changed it a bit so people would stop thinking there ripping them off.

My base currency is CAD so my account changes everyday to what that pair closed at.I noticed alot of people complaining cause of money changes in there account.Thats what it probably is.

If i had to find something to complain about. I would say i,m pissed that the woman with the hot voice left accounting.

I,v been with GFT for just over a year.I,m a 5 min trader.I,v never had a problem except once and that was due to internet problem on there side.Once in a year is pretty good.I don’t set stops so i can’t tell you how they chase them. I have a trading system on FXDD and there price action is bang on,sometimes if it studders its only out 1 or 2 pips.

I get my money the next day when i withdraw it.Never had a problem in that department.

There invoices are confusing but  they changed it a bit so people would stop thinking there ripping them off.

My base currency is CAD so my account changes everyday to what that pair closed at.I noticed alot of people complaining cause of money changes in there account.Thats what it probably is.

If i had to find something to complain about. I would say i,m pissed that the woman with the hot voice left accounting.