Experienced trader offering advice to new traders

Hi guys, my name is Paul and I’ve been trading live for almost 4 and a half years. Before that, I was demo trading for a year. I know I don’t have as much experience as other traders here but I would still like to help out newbie traders should they seek any help. So if anyone has any questions regarding trading or anything else, I will try to answer them as best as I can.

1 Like

Hi Paul, Have you had much success and what pairs do you trade?

Hi Paul! Welcome to Babypips. Same questions as @smeetz, which pairs do you trade? Do you follow a system or did you create your own? Will surely ask if I have any questions. Thanks for offering to help us newbies out. :slight_smile:

Hey smeetz, sorry for the late reply. I’ve had success with swing trading and position trading but I’ve lost considerate amount of money day trading so that I don’t do that anymore. I trade all the major pairs as well as some exotic ones. I follow around 30-40 pairs.

Hi CoinLady, thanks for the welcome. I created my own system and I have 2 primary strategies that I use. And sure, ask away!

Hi Paul,

Are you a fundamental or technical trader?

How long did it take you to create the strategies you use today and finally what time frames do you trade off.

Thanks

I am 95% technical. The only times I’ll use fundamental is when there are major things like quantitative easing. But even then, I’m still looking at charts.

It took 2 years to develop and master the strategies I use today. Keep in mind though, that I took a couple of months time off from trading in the 2 years. I trade using the weekly and daily charts. I use 4 hour mainly for entry.

Hi Paul! Welcome to the community! I’m sure your trading experience would be very helpful to us newbies.

See you around! :slight_smile: