Expert Advisors &

Hello,
I’ve been trying to learn one or two things on ‘expert advisors’.
My question is;where is the EA file(a file ending in .EX4) in the “experts” advisors folder located in the Meta Trader 4 platform.
Secondly, where is the ‘experts’ folder of my MT4 installation. I learnt it is usually c:/programFiles/metatrader4/experts. Thanks for your responses.

The EA files are stored under “C:\Program Files\StrategyBuilderFX 4\experts” and the indicators are stored under “C:\Program Files\StrategyBuilderFX 4\experts\indicators”. There are also two template folders but the correct one is stored under “C:\Program Files\StrategyBuilderFX 4 emplates”.

To find the EA in metatrader, make sure your navigator window is open (Click on View / Navigaator if it isn’t). Then open the Expert Advisors folder and you will be able to drag & drop your EA to a chart or right click on it to Attach it to your chart. You can also right click on it to Modify it which is great for learning how to write them.

Topgun

Hello,
thank you very much for these information. i’ve been given a guide to follow inorder to install an automatic trading robot(or software) on my platfrorm.I learnt it can trade for me if used well. i’ll see how far i can get with your information.