F*** Boris March

So right, MrDe

1 Like

You just disproved your own statement, didnt you?

@Falstaff what exactly are you trying to prove?

That most, if not all of your statements have no fundamentum?

Edit: ill be back later,my phone battery is at 2%.

Hopefully we can use that temporary respite to return (however briefly ) to the topic ;

i have 2 phones.

but its ok, do not worry my friend, as long as you dont post false stats or wrong claims i always utterly ignore all your posts and the useles content of them.

1 Like

And the potential effect of the revival of the Tories under Boris - will only be temporary unless he behaves himself !

The Genie is out of the bottle !

Aye, the freeports are a good idea - there are around 80 at present in the EU.

UK had 5 in 2012 but apparently let them lapse, so likely those 5 will be re-started:

Liverpool, Prestwick (airport), Southampton, Tilbury and Sheerness (not Scotland BTW)

They are handy for importers/exporters as a resting place - but inevitably the goods have to come out.

And just a wee diversion because many people think that Sheerness is in Scotland - it’s a beautiful town in Kent: pic courtesy of wikipedia.

Sheerness

3 Likes

And this is for @cigarmanstan - he mentions Larne - the solution to Brexit :wink:

YouTube

1 Like

Great one @peterma - Cash is one of my favourites :sunglasses: odd how thoughts go isn’t it ?

I see in the comments someone said it was “an IRA Anthem” - Then I got to thinking about nearly 50 years ago - we had a few lads who learned some songs and a couple with guitars - and went off a few times a year on various trips - Used to sing in pubs when we had a couple (Remember Pubs ?)

The merry ploughboy is is one of those we used to inflict on the “locals” (Along with “the mother’s lament” - but that’s a different kettle of eggs)

Anyhow talking of “ploughboys” - here it is

Never thought away back then, that I’d be feeling just like that myself one day - far away in the future ! :wink:

Cigarmanstan, You don’t need to be a “Brit” to ask the question and you don’t need to be a Brit to answer it.
It’s “stupid” to exclude opinions from non-Brits, as I’m sure “Falstaff” will agree, seeing as he has an “opinion “ on everything

1 Like

I used to drive my older brother’s Zephyr 6 - it had an 8 track - that song was on it.

My then girlfriend, now wife, would have to switch it off when we’d come to a checkpoint.

The mother’s lament is way more pertinent - songs glorifying war… my mother kept me right, she’d witnessed the horrors.

Anyways, a long story, and i give thanks for all our mothers.

This is a song I never understood when i was young, now i do:

I’ve published that one on here a few times - but I do prefer this version myself. You need to pull it back to zero tho’ )

Are we talking the same “mother’s lament” - I wonder ?

The old Dun Cow - Another one we had in our repertoire ;

I think we used to do it rather better though!

Yep, same, there is message therin.

Now here is our two countries are entwined - i watched this live 5 years ago, before brexit:

Good to see it to the end:

LOVE Johnny Cash!

Just to clarify, and, I guess, speaking personally, as an American and being fairly well informed on this county, I really not much interested in what “foreigners” think(no offence!). Of course, as this IS American, you have every right to voice your opinion. And I have every right to ignore it.
I just figured that all peoples thought that way about their country? Perhaps I’m wrong…

And thats where your assumption is false.

The EU is almost like one country. Immagine ohio seperates from the rest of the USA, then a new yorker has a horse in this run just as well. A smaller horse than somebody from ohio, yes. But does that mean he is less informed about the matter?

Spaniards, frenches and others have a horse in this run, the fact that one country seperates doesnt mean that they are less informed about anything.

The only thing you demonstrated is how little you are informed about anything and your ignorance in not knowing, not accepting and not informing yourself before you make a judgement or an excluding decition. Or am i wrong?

Oh, no, you are right. I’m ignorant. And racist, of course!
As clearly stated, as an American, I defer to the Brits who are more clearly informed
on Brexit.
When the South attempts to succeed from the rest of the country, I will develop my opinion on that, then.
Oh, and thanks for calling me names. I feel like I’ve joined a special group!

1 Like