F*** Boris March

The solution to the impasse in having a trade deal with the EU is very simple.

Most everyone agrees that the ‘backstop’ is the difficulty - the UK argues, and there is merit in the argument, that this clause has the capacity to bind all of the UK to the EU indefinitely.

The answer? - It lies with Dolly the cow.

A UK ( from NI) farmer leaves his farm which straddles the border with the Irish Republic and takes his 4x4 with trailer attached over to the Cotswolds.

He buys Dolly from another UK farmer, pays with GBP, loads Dolly into the trailer and sets off home.

Now there are laws that he must observe, aside from traffic laws that is.

The UK Govt call it S.A.L.E. - ( I know it’s not very legally sounding but that’s what they called it.)

Copy from Gov Site:

S - supplementary certificate - get a blank copy when you apply for your import licence, and send it to the vet in Great Britain for them to complete

A - animal transport certificate – to cover the welfare of the animals when they are on their journey

L - licence to import cattle – this will be a specific import licence, made out in your name, and covering only the number of cattle that you want to import. It will only be valid for 21 days

E - export health certificate – signed by the vet in GB to make sure that the animals are healthy

The law states that if it is found that Dolly is vaccinated for BSE she will be exported back to GB.

The Govt use the terms ‘Importing Exporting’ meaning into and out of NI to GB (Great Britain means the largest island of the British Isles)
ImportingIntoNI

The farmer has to go through the port of Larne, he is not permitted to enter NI by any other route.

The Officer will stop the farmer in Larne and ask for his documents, then he will peer into the trailer - dolly will smile out.

The officer will say “on you go” and the farmer returns to his farm and releases dolly onto his fields.

The following week he decides he doesn’t really like dolly after all and sells her to a neighbour in the Republic of Ireland (for a profit of course).

Dolly is put back into the trailer and off sets the farmer over the currently open border.

Nobody stops him, not a soul to inspect poor old dolly - all perfectly legal.

Is it possible then to see the solution to the Backstop?

I, sadly, don’t understand all that other then to say some regulations are bad.
I know. Too simplistic. But that’s where you have to start? With the "regulations?"
I’m sure I view everything through the lens of the 50 states here in the US and
inter-state commerce and the lesser restrictions on said commerce.

Actually, in thinking about it, I suspect that is one of the main reasons for Brexit?

No.

The main reson for brexit is a lot of lies and distorted information spread by a small group of people who glorify the past of england as a colonial power and believe in the illution that history can be brought back. Mainly english voted for brexit while scots and irish voted to remain in the EU.

Now whoever claims my above statement is wrong should reconsider questioning it as it will provoke a shower of facts provided which nobody anyways will read as it could burst their information bubble.

2 Likes

The solution to every brexit problem is the exit of brexit.

Complicated problem, simple solution.

I’m not British, so I defer to you Brits then.

You had your own “version of the EU” way back with the War of the Confederacy against the “Union” didn’t you ? - The “Union” won and you were officially a “United Nation”. I also believe some parts of the USA have higher standards of living to others.

Just out of curiosity - I wonder what would have happened if the Confederates had won ? - would the two Parts each be operating their own version of the $ ? and although I can see that trade and movement would be relatively easy between the “Parts” - I just wonder whether thos two “Dollars” would have remained at “Parity” with each other - or whether they would have been allowed to fluctuate - allowing the (perhaps) two halves to set their own economic policies - Perhaps for the greater good of each of their economies ?

As to your point on “Regulations” - the “animal Regulations” regarding movement are a “Hang over” from measures brought in during “BSE” and various “Foot and Mouth” problems and were intended to prevent the spread of disease.

I’m afraid I’m not “Up to speed” on the Regs as they affect transport to EU countries - although I do know that many over here are greatly opposed to the movement of Live ANimals from UK to EU - Particularly with respect to Horses I believe, which are considered as “Food” in much of continental Europe, but that use is resisted in the UK>

Neither is "Mr DE" - We British Voted in a democratic Election to Leave and those who want us to “Remain” are simply not behaving in a democratic way If they are entitlled to vote here.

We are leaving ! :cocktail:

Ok. Am I safe in saying, then, that an independent England would be allow to create their own trade deals, separately, with say, the US as opposed to being “overseen” by the EU?

Wtf are you talking about now again? Absolutely nobody in europe eats horse meat.

The reason why UK meat has strong regulation in exporting into the rest of europe are the constantly reoccuring disease problems with meat in the UK. That is not the UK doesnt want to export their live stock but that the other european nations do not want brittish live stock due do infection possibilities of the continental live stock.

Wha? But he’s such an expert!
I’m not inclined to give much credence, then, to someone who doesn’t have a “dog in this hunt”(as they say in the South!)

1 Like

Yes if we get a “Real Brexit” - Under May’s treaty - and any variant Boris may come up with, that option would be pushed quite a long way into the “Long-grass” of the “Future” and possibly beyond teh next “Election”

Does anybody else has the feeling that cigar and falstaff are two accounts beeing operated by the same person?:joy::joy::joy:

Yeah. That’s it. You caught “us”!
Do I need to apologize for asking some questions as a NON BRIT in trying to understand
the arguments here?

Don’t worry about it mate - he’s just being deiberately provocative to try to get the thread “Locked again”

Same as this piece of fction;

[quote=“MrDE, post:272, topic:231968, full:true”]

Wtf are you talking about now again? Absolutely nobody in europe eats horse meat. [/quote]

@Falstaff

Can you actually at least once a year make a claim that is true or right?

Once at least. Please,i ask you for that favour.

I mean. Do you just shoot whatever comes in your mind? Making up things? Have you ever even considered to check yourself before you wreck yourself?

Mmmmmm…horse meat…

Yeah we had a big scandal about it over here a few years back as it was getting incorporated into imported “European Beef Products”

Yes. So?

A brittish company importing horse meat which was declared/labeled as horse meat into the UK, then lables it as beef and sells it.

A UK company doing fraud, reflects in what way onto the EU?

whats the point you are trying to make?

That UK businesses ■■■■ up, cheat and make idiots out of the UK citizen and its the EU to blame?

1 Like