F*** Boris March

Im as white as you are. UK is as white as you are, still 49% voted remain. So what is your point in that statement?

It was nearly 10% majority in favour of leaving.

However the vote is done - We’re leaving ! :cocktail:

Sorry I missed the most relevant part

Hence

Again wrong facts from you

Ok I’ll explain it for you

52 - 48 = 4

= 8.33% majority to leave

We’re leaving :cocktail:

You fail in basic math.

=1269501

1269501/33551983

3,7%

So 3,7% of participants is the lead in the electorate.

If you take the entire UK population of 67,5 million the lead is 1,8%

I dont see any 10% or 8.33% from your math.

Will you now argue that math is politically biased, a hoax and a fake science?

No I wil state categorically that when you take a difference of 4%, The majority is compared with the votes AGAINST to calculate the winning majority - ie the 48% - what would be the point in comparing the winning majority against those who voted FOR the proposition.

Simple arithmetic which should be self evident.

We’re leaving :cocktail:

No. False.

The electorare is 100% the difference between yes and no is (as stated above) 3,7% of that 100% which in raw numbers is 1.2 million vs 33 million.

There is no 10 no 8.33 and no 4

Its 3.7%
And on the entire population its 1.8%

How can you try to argue against math?

Firstly it is not “Math” it is arithmetic.

But ok let me simplify it even more

You are going to buy a knife
One shop says $10
Another shop says $9

SO there is a (slight) case to be made for saying
It was 10% cheaper 1/10
A better case for saying you saved 1/9 (11.11%)
There is no case at all for saying it was 1/19 cheaper (5.2%)

And as for your argument that the shop had 3 of them in stock, so you only got it 1.6% cheaper - as you are trying to claim - That is pure fantasy !

Now I am going to stop aiding you to disrupt the thread - :wink:

We are leaving :cocktail:

You dont understand simple math.

9 is 10% cheaper than 10

If you buy 2 knives but can only get 2 at at 10 and 1 at 9 then your potential saving isnt 10% but 5%.

I see you dont understand that.

Basicly you dont understand that all voters are the 100% and not yes voters 100% and no voters 100% as in this case all voters would be 200%.

Understand now?

Btw. About your “were leaving, cheers”-comments you just reapeated 3 times: What makes you think that anybody is opposing the fact that the UK is leaving? Did it ever struck your mind that everybody is perfectly fine and happy with the UK leaving?

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

Well. Nice to see this thread is right back on track!!!

3 Likes

Sod off ! :rofl:

I’m listening to an extremely interesting lecture - just on Emmanuel Kant (1724 - 1804) just at the moment ! :roll_eyes::cocktail:

1 Like

Haven’t read the rest of the thread, but i will. I’ve stopped here because this very thought is self-defeating.

Myself, my family and my community are right on the edge of Brexit - we have most to lose - our Police chief says that our security is at risk, our business leaders say that our economy is at risk, our Govt have written to us to say ‘do nothing, just wait’.

Yet this very community are offering a middle ground - a get out for everyone.

I pointed to that middle ground back on this thread - a means whereby the Brexiteers get to leave with no UK backstop and with a trade deal, we get to keep our border open with our neighbours.

Yet you guys still argue - not one noticed the middle ground.

I’ll go back and take a look in a bit mate - it seemed a bit “Complicated” at the time

Incidentally - have you heard anything of this ?

Lol - read that article in the Irish Times, Fintan O’Toole is well known for his creative thought.

Taylor is right on one aspect - Sinn Fein want a United Ireland and anything that will help towards that goal will be used.

For this reason a no-deal brexit would help, many nationalists are happy with the Good Friday Agreement - at entry to Spain we can show our Irish passport - no problem, we are EU citizens.

This is the status quo - both British for those who wish it and Irish for those who feel so - perhaps that elusive middle ground.

Change the status quo and the thinking is that many nationalists will choose the EU and an United Ireland as a consequence.

Taylor was wrong on the money for MP’s element - SF have a rule that everyone, elected or otherwise gets paid the same.

Taylor was correct that Sinn Fein will not take their seats - not the oath thing, it stems from back to the first female MP ever to be elected to Westminster.

She would not take her seat either.

First woman MP Markievicz honoured in Parliament - BBC News

Is this the post(s) you are referring to @peterma ?

If so, it seems to be along the lines which many have been saying that all the paperwork etc could be done without the need for a hard border, as I have mentioned before.

Ok lets take a look at it from the point of view of a shopkeeper in Eire (Southern Ireland) wishing to import a consignment of clothes from Uk mainland. (Let’s assume that the Nett price agreed is £10,000) - And for the sake of argument lets say the EU Tarriff on clothes = 12% (which I think is realistic at present) - So how would that work ?

[For the sake of completeness, let’s assume childrens clothes at a current uk rate of VAT at zero % (choose a different type if you prefer) ]

I’m wondering if it is Boris’s intention to “Do something” with one of those “Freeports” we spoke of earlier ?

Morning.

Been doing some reading here obviously. Loads of good stuff. Not going to get involved though. Just learning really.

And just wanted to comment (seeing as I posted about this much earlier on in the thread);

So far as I can tell as of right now: my comments about something bad happening in Hong Kong may very well prove do be correct. Dunno if anybody is watching: but China has now just about had enough.

Anyway. Carry on.

You’re right - “middle ground” IS very elusive !

As a young Surveyor I was engaged in checking and agreeing the “Account” of a Groundworker on quite a complex job with multiple variations (Including “moving” 60 houses to a completely different site)

Well The Groundworker’s Surveyor and I went through and agreed what we could, but there were multiple items where he was simply “taking the piss” ! So I paid hiim what I thoght was FAIR ! (which included an element of “middle ground agreement”.

Meanwhile he kept the additional costs (Not accepted by me) within the account and later his boss went to my boss and my boss agreed to pay him half of his extra claim. The Lad however still kept the remaining part (unpaid) within the account and some months later The MD of his Company asked for a “Meeting on site” with My MD to “sort out the underpayment”.

Fortunately my MD rang me to discuss before agreeing and I explained to him that they were “just taking the piss!”

Now my MD and his MD were personal friends and spent a lot of social time together and so I felt strongly that His MD was using that friendship to Bully me and my boss !

A few days later I was copied into a letter from my MD to his MD in which my MD stated that he had Full confidence in “Falstaff’s” ability and any decisions I made on the financial aspects of our contract would be considered by the Board as binding on the firm ! :heart_eyes::sunglasses:

Within a month after that I was promoted and now had autonomy on the whole job ! (Scary stuff )

So the “middle ground” compromise can often be simply a device used by one side to “lock in” a part of their position whilst still arguing to “compromise” on the “other part” !

Can you link us back @dpaterso ? It’s a long old thread !

I’m not particularly “Following” Hong Kong - as I think they’re on a “Hiding to nothing” - but I’d be happy to be “edificated” by someone who is ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey.

Not that important. All I was saying somewhere back on the thread is that if this lot don’t take it down a notch we’re going to end up with another Tiananmen Square (and my comment at the time was that maybe that’s exactly what they’re pushing for). Problem though (and something I never thought of at the time of my original post) is that one ever knows anymore what the real deal is e.g. there’s also been talk that the pot is being stirred by China themselves.

Anyway and as things stand right now: they’re still going ape and wrecking the joint. China’s not going to put up with this for much longer. That’s for sure.

Not just over there though. Nothing going anywhere makes any sense to me anymore. Just take a look at the markets today for instance. General consensus is that Trump realizes the mistakes made by previous Presidents when trying to get re-elected i.e. bad economy and stock market. So apparently in his interest for stocks to be doing well. And yet: all of this stuff going on that’s driving the markets down. Only thing that makes sense to me: he’s well aware and is driving them down so that at some point going into the election they’re rallying (people have very short memories). But that smacks of manipulation to me. And to think that China would not retaliate: I don’t buy it. Hell: for all we know they’re big mates and this is all very carefully orchestrated and planned.

Anyway. It is what I is. Not going to change the way things are. And I sure got my own ■■■■ to worry about.

1 Like