F*** Boris March

Don’t know if you’ve seen it Dale, but there’s been a lot recently about a woman winning an award for designing a chair that stops men spreading their legs! Manspreading, they call it.
They don’t seem to realise the pain trapping the boys when a bloke closes his legs.
And never mind all the women on public transport taking up seats with their handbags or shopping.
Gender equality only works one way, and only when it suits them!

1 Like

Any word from Nigel yet? Need his blessing…

I am personally pretty happy that he is perfect fit for that PM job in England after so much tries anyway. Good comment from the videos that people should really give a man at least a chance and not kicks him out like they did with Donald Trump.

Generally I’m not unhappy. He should have been PM after the referendum result instead of Theresa May. As I see it, we’re no worse off, just 3 years older. (it feels like more)

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder how Boris Johnson will handle Brexit.

I don’t believe he will get a deal that is so much better than Theresa May’s that Parliament will support it. Also that Parliament will block a no-deal default Brexit.

At that point he is left with 3 options -

1. call a General Election and hope that not only do the Conservatives win, but so many hard Brexit MP’s are elected into Parliament that he gets a majority who will vote for no-deal

2. resign

3. call a second referendum with a single question -

The EU has failed to offer the UK an acceptable Brexit deal -

Would you therefore -
a) support a no-deal Brexit?
or
b) remain in the EU?

For what my opinion is worth on this topic especially given that I’m not there and not to mention my rather limited understanding when it comes to stuff like this (in other words in pure layman’s terms):

I would remain in the EU. Tell you why. @Falstaff posted a map the other day. Dunno if you saw it. But the very first thing that jumped into my mind was just how isolated the UK appears on that map.

My personal opinion is that this whole thing (European Union) should never have happened in the first place. Countries have lost their identities. But it’s too late now i.e. it’s done. It’s there. It exists. And it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. First prize (and I don’t even know if this is possible): to stay in the EU but change some of the terms maybe (because I hear all about the billions that it costs the UK to be a part of this).

But as I say: the above based only on my layman’s perception and that map that I saw the other day (which I found rather alarming to be honest).

1 Like

Economically only, and short-term only, remaining in the EU would definitely be better for the UK. Long-term is open to debate.

1 Like

Looking more like that - election type speeches coupled with promises of spend spend spend.

Oh and the appointment of a new SPAD (special adviser) to the PM - Dominic Mckenzie Cummings - one of the best thinkers in any political campaign.

1 Like

Can you hurry it up. I want to go to bed!!! LOL!!!

I’m going to tell you a true story by way of analogy;

A man I know had a poor relationship with his first wife and when she finally threw him out, he had holes in his shoes and didn’t have a pair of socks to his name.

He was a good hard working and intelligent man and soon managed to earn enough to buy a set of decent clothes, becoming a desireable “catch” who was dating several women at once.

Eventually one of these took hm home to the house she used to share with her husband and which she took off him in the divorce.

She put a lot of effort into making him a valuable “work-commodity” with him doing the work amd she controlling the “Purse strings.”

That was 30 years ago. Now he has an e-mail address (but it doesn’t ever get a reply) He has a mobile phone which only works when he is not at their house (signal lacking). ALL e-mail communications have to be sent to “Her” and he has not been allowed to speak to one of his daughters (has has two by his first wife) for over 20 years, since the daughter “said something” to “her”. He has a six year old grand-daughter he has never seen. The other daughter is “In and out” of his life, but agin only allowed to communicate through “Her”

He has not spoken to his best friend for over 20 years, since the friend “said something to her”

He is about to lose his only brother on the same basis.

Between the two of tehm and the “Company” they have around £6-£7 million, debt free.

But he is clearly subject to “Coercive control” (recently Criminalised in the uk) and I have said to him severa times “Why don’t you just load up your 4x4 and move into your own house ?” “Just run away !”

He never will of course and when he dies (He is already over 30 stone), his kids will get nothing, she will steal the lot.

I think THAT is how a good many of us in the UK feel about “Our” relationship with the EU !

To quote from the end of the Film “Braveheart” - FREEDOM !

1 Like

I definitely hear you for sure. And I understand. Just that the map you posted the other day was a bit startling to me is all. And I guess what I’m saying in another point but using your analogy to explain: he should never have married the second one in the first place (but then again: what’s that saying about hindsight and 20/20 vision???).

Anyway. As I say: purely a layman’s observation (and one that’s not too clued up at that) or opinion but by no means advice or preaching (or whatever you’d like to call it).

Always easy for people not involved or outside of a country to throw in their 5 GBP. We have it here. There’s a particular (liberal) talk radio station here. And every now and then one or two individuals call in from Canada and the UK (both South Africans but have been out of the country for years) and pile in with their ■■■■■■■ liberal bullshit nonsense. Come and live here in the thick of things and with all the ■■■■ that goes on and feel free to comment. But don’t ■■■■■■■ sit in a first world country where everything is just peachy for you and impart your pearls of wisdom by remote. Tell you: I’d especially love to meet the dude in the UK in a dark alley one night (or kidnap him and drop him off in downtown Johannesburg at midnight one night and then see how liberal he is by morning). POS.

Wow. Sure been my day for this stuff today has it not!!! LOL!!!

And we never even got to my views on immigration and open border policies!!! LOL!!!

1 Like

I fogot you were from SA Dale, and hey I don’t know much, but have a couple of friends who got out years ago. I don’t want to cause nay “Ructions” - but ■■■■ nobody seems to care about doin it on my threads and teh info which seems to be seeping out about the “WHite Farmers” seems to be pretty clear.

No idea about your personal circumstances but ever thought about coming to uk mate ?

After all - you were “Commonwealth” until the EEC made us give up the “British Commonwealth” - Something else “they” hid from us when we were asked to “Vote” 1974

It seems there will be an early election but the question is whether it would be better to get it done before the Brexit negotiations are concluded or after.

Before looks like just more dithering, an anti-democratic attitude towards the electorate and a defeatist attitude towards the EU negotiators, while prolonging the painful limbo for business - Conservatives face continuation of the 2017 election back-lash and lose.

After a good Brexit deal would be better. But there won’t be a better deal coming from the EU. And even if there was, there will be no majority in the House of Commons to back it. Conservatives lose.

After a bad Brexit deal might not be a terrible idea. Assuming the House had backed a bad deal, Johnson could try and blame the EU and Labour for that, and try to convince the people at least he had actually finished the job and that Brexit was behind us for ever. But that’s a real gamble.

Second referendum seems much safer and the same team and tactics could be used as if for an election, which keeps the opposition on the wrong foot meanwhile.

Calling another General Election is not that easy - with most Conservatives in fear of their seats and pretty much ALL Labour “remainers” in desperate fear of theirs - whre’s he going to get a 2/3 vote in favour ?

“2nd referendum” - Bye bye conservative party :smile:

I think he’ll get a few tweaks to the Barnier Treaty, put it back to the house with the “Brexit party /Lib Dem” threats to their seats and ifhe can’y get that thro’ just run it into the wall and DARE the Remoaners to gamble their livelihoods by stopping him !

OK GE around Xmas ? - on the basis " Well I did my best - get rid of these remoaners and we’ll do it right next time"

We’ll see !

you need help

There is a sense that Brexit could help set the scene. The PM could hold up his hands and say ‘I don’t want a no deal, the EU will not budge, I have to go to you the people for my mandate’.

Like I said elsewhere then the calculation would be getting a working majority (no sense in calling a GE otherwise) - so no need for DUP support so no need for Backstop for entire UK - it can be NI specific as was originally intended in DEC 17.

Also interesting that last week the Irish PM commented that a NI specific backstop was perfectly acceptable to EU.

Could Boris get a working majority? - Yes, he will get the Brexit party votes with the above approach plus all other leavers plus those voters wanting more Police and public spending - oh nearly forgot the tax cuts as well.

In addition Jeremy is not a great vote winner :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see we’re at it again this morning in Hong Kong. Now holding up the airport.

Don’t these people have jobs or what.

Thought about it. More than once. Probably never happen though (other than for a visit).

Besides: high tailing out of here would result in my being no better than those that I despise anyway. You know: weasel my way into the UK and then demand a job failing which a council house, benefits, burden the NHS, start a riot when I’m not happy about the way the English run THEIR country, you get the picture.

1 Like

If I was a HK citizen I’d be very unhappy about Chinese government but they just have to face it, they’re not going to be entitled to eternal diplomatic immunity on the grounds it used to be a UK colony.

China should meet its agreements with the UK over the HK transfer but after that they’re all Chinese.

The Chinese government itself is a xenophobic and corrupt dictatorship and I like to see the UK telling them so. For all the good that’ll do.

1 Like

Hello.

Well that’s pretty much my point really. You know that expression “pharting against thunder”. And I guess my take on it is that this bill that they’re losing their ■■■■ over would not affect 99.9% of them anyway. And the problem with this type of thing too is who knows what lies beneath and who is stirring the pot i.e. there’s usually always some radical that’s out to cause ■■■■ and make a point and sooner or later that’s going to result in a death or two and, oh well, then they’ve achieved what it is that they’ve set out to do. And of course: the police and the Chinese will be blamed. Doesn’t matter that THEY are trashing the joint and throwing ■■■■ at the cops but because it’s a PEACEFUL demonstration it’s all just fine.

Again: like here. Have a PEACEFUL march or demonstration because you’re unhappy with the public transport system. So burn a few train coaches and busses. Then complain because there’s a shortage of trains and busses. Notwithstanding the cost of replacement i.e. money that for sure could be better spent elsewhere.

But alright: two very different scenarios I guess.

2 Likes
2 Likes