F*** Boris March

we already know the EU’s attitude to the “Backstop” et al !

(BBC 2 Documentary - !)

The documentary that Mayhar Tousi is referring to is the same one as was linked to on this site, except he has edited clips.

Everyone has an agenda, Mayhar proclaims that he is a proud Tory and so he proclaims his agenda using youtube - fair enough.

Your own agenda is from a pro brexit/no deal/North of England viewpoint and that too is good and right that various linked videos share that viewpoint.

I don’t usually bother with videos, in this case I will.

It is a very short video not of politicians or journalists, it’s just ordinary working men and their fears - fears that will not be shared anywhere in England.

Btw, for guys trading Gbp - possible second resignation, Robert Buckland - could happen over next 48 hours - who knows.

Maybe the next to fall will be Boris Johnson?

I would not be surprised to see him resign if he either fails to get proper support from his own party or if the opposition take control of the Brexit process. This might or might not trigger an election. Polls suggest he would win on a fixed date deal-or-no-deal Brexit commitment, allied with the Brexit Party.

I think its possible the public would accept another conservative government if it meant an early and decisive end to the Brexit issue.

1 Like

That is pretty incontrovertable I think - however, It has implications for the position of the Conservative Party as the “Right” which would lead to a dminution of Power overall for the Conservatives.

Without the Brexit Party - it is pretty likely that the “remoaners” would prevail and a Corbyn Govt of sorts would be likely.

Boris promised to “Put Farage back in his box” - I think that is more important to him than Brexit. BUT as Farage says "The Genie is out of the Bottle now" and every passing day and the revellations of the determination of the Remoaners to defeat the democratic will of the People - and the extent to which Politicians on the Left and the Right are both contaminated by Careerism and self interest means that there is a strong and growing vitriol mounting within the Country towards “Sacking the bloody lot of 'em” and starting again !

Boris has allowed 21 of the worst to resign through their treachery and some others are choosing the most damaging times they can, to cause discomfort for him and thwart the Real will of the People.

I don’t know what he will do about this new “Law” that the remoaners have contrived to start in progress. But He has long said teat he “Will not ask for an extension” - that is his pldege and there is a rule in the UK that “Legislation cannot be retrospective” THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE OPEN TO ARGUMENT IN THIS CASE ! I would certainly be seeking advice on that aspect if I were him - Voted in on a clear pledge - and then legislated against retrospectively !

He is clear that if that is what Parliament want - they must send someone ELSE !

Yet they refuse to vote “No confidence” or allow him a General Election ! - ie they seem to be DELIBERATELY out to victimise and humiliate Boris. . Is this in itself Legal ?

We’ll see ! :smile:

Apparently Johnson has said that we are law makers not law breakers so Buckland will stay for now

Do you have a link to show context please ?

I won’t link to twitter, but here is an image - note the date and time.

RobtBucklandQCMP

Quite why he ever gave the woman the job and why she accepted having to swear to support a Clean Brexit - then reneging when she could cause maximum embarrassment - many do not understand.

However Andrea Leadsom takes a different view.

Being particularly critical of the Man appointed to be a guardian of the House - that old boiler - "Berco " - whom she says the Conservatives will stand a candidate against at the next Election - contravening a decades old convention, in recognition of his dramatic and clear bias against democracy.

Maybe he thought she was good at the job, it was a surprise nonetheless, maybe it reflects on the PM’s judgement, who knows.

Speaking of bias against democracy and PM’s hiring skills wonder why he hired Cummings - thought we were to get rid of un-elected bureaucrats dictating policy.

Oh well, all in a day’s work I suppose.

If I were a gambler I’d think about buying some Gbp’s.

Tomorrow the UK PM will come to Dublin. The Irish PM is known as a straight talker, likewise the UK PM.

The Irish PM will be under pressure at home to give an analysis of their talks - there is a scheduled period of one to one - no officials present.

Johnson no longer needs the DUP, he is in a minority with or without them, this is his one chance to grasp the Irish backstop nettle - make it NI only.

It may need a little dressing but this is his chance - forget the France input from their Foreign Minister - if the Irish are on board the rest of the EU will agree.

Will Boris take it or will the first two words of the thread title remain?

Tonight the Irish PM has said that he expects no breakthrough - hence my contrarian view.

1 Like

I guess we’ll see how low he is prepared to go to appease - at a cost of what exactly ? And just to resurrect Barniers surrender Treaty ! Which ties the rest of the Uk into the EU pretty much in perpetuity. - So I suppose leaving Northern Ireland scupperred like that could be argued to be no different from where he left the rest of the UK - so “No harm done”.

We shall see whether he is prepared to sell out those citizens as suggested - or not !

Hopefully he will show more integrity than that - but as I said “We’ll see”

1 Like

Hmmm… we don’t actually feel scuppered, we voted to be ‘scupperred’ so perhaps

Democracy - who’d have it :slight_smile: .

That of course is the whole crux of this thread

And those of us who are still Naive enough to believe in it - absolutely hope to prevail ! :smile:

A better bet would be to go contrarian and Short GBP. Monthly Candle already reach more than 100% Average monthly candle range.

Furthermore, Boris is elected as PM for a reason. Just like Trump he has the mandate RIGHT NOW. IMHO, i think he will have things go his way, one way or another.

1 Like

Little bit of pound buying this morning - based of Boris’s comments in Dublin.

The private meeting is now on - in the words of one local journalist ‘there is something going down’.

The UK chancellor says it’s a ‘cunning’ plan - the post meeting words will be more telling if the plan will work - I sense some more pound buying yet.

It’s strange. I was flipping through the tube and came across the House of Commons debate on Brexit. This was a replay of last Wednesday I think. Why was half of the room empty? This was televised in the US on CSPAN. Was it maybe a special session not requiring all members be present?

They turn up to “Vote” if it’s an “important” issue - the rest of the time it sort of depends whether they think they might get on TV - or they’ve finished the shopping, or it’s raining - or they want a cheap drink.

But basically we pay 'em £100,000 a year, just to turn up and vote how they are told to do !

Do your people have to sign in and out ? or are they equally lazy ?

Our House representatives serve a two year term. They are all out campaigning, after their two week holiday around our Labour Day.

No vote recorded? Does that mean they weren’t there to vote or were there and “abstained” as we say here in US? Seems like a pretty important vote? They didn’t want to be “on the record”?
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-uk-parliament-vote-on-brexit/johnson-snap-election.html?utm_source=twitter&cmpid%3D=socialflow-facebook-brexit&utm_content=brexit&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic