F*** Boris March

Pretty close to being completely STUFFED ! - mate :roll_eyes:

I’lll see if I can put together a simple precis of the sitation atm for you later.

In the meanwhile here’s a chirpy little ditty to cheer us all up !

Something the remoaners would do well to remember !

Gary Linekar? I’m ashamed!

It’s all really really simple.

The PM has written two letters to the EU and posted them together - one letter says please give us more time, signed Boris Johnson - only he forgot to sign it. So he wrote a second letter that said please ignore that other letter, we don’t need more time after all.

Then he wrote a third letter and called a cover letter.

Then the EU said ’ hmmm…we’ll think about it.

Meantime the UK parliment was supposed to vote on the new super deal yesterday - except they decided that we’ll not do that, instead we’ll ask for more time.

All the while the DUP headed off home in a huff.

See - told you it was simple

That defines it, other then whether Bo asked for more time, I guess?
And if he did, or didn’t, then what…
I guess there may be new elections? Is that the answer?

The remoaners amended his “Meaningful vote” proposal to say that it had to be put through the legal process before they would vote on it - so Boris pulled the vote. Making the writing of the “letter” as defined under the “Benn surrender Act” compulsory at Law - so he sent a photocopy of the Act, which incorporated the letter - and his own letter saying he felt no useful purpose would be served by a further extension.

Even if his “Treaty” is passed, it locks us into EU rules and regulations for a lomg time if not forever - and we shall NOT be able to do “Trade deals” until they say we can. There will be no date when we are “OUT” as such !

Meanwhile a fair number of those who voted for the “Amendment” said they would switch and vote FOR the “legal instrument” - which is now likely to get through, but time will be an issue.

There is likely to be amendments to the “Legal” vote to try to force a-NOTHER Referendum - But one which drags “Remain” back into the frame AND Removes any decent escape option. - so effectively it will be “Brexit in name only” - Against “Remain”

It is highly unlikely that we shall get an election until AFTER this Rigged Referendum.

Meanwhile the EU have been making noises that “They will not allow another extension” - which is just plain bluff - Of course they will - They absolutely want to keep us trapped and unable to compete in a free world. And Boris is only concerned with keeping the Conservative Party together - so he has to allow a “Sort of Brexit” - but one which will keep the remoaners fairly happy.

The EU have been colluding with the Remoaners for months if not longer (Completely AGAINST their OWN rules - which is being noted and heavily criticised by the other nation states within the EU) and the only way forward in any meaningful way is a General Election" where we can get rid of the “Betrayers” of our Democratic decision - but even that is not certain, the selection committees are simply selecting “establishment approved” candidates.

I do not know what the 17.4 million and those “remainers” who are now so disgusted at the contempt with which our own Parasites and those from the EU have treated their “Cash Cows” will do when our will is disregarded in such a cynical and cavalier fashion - Will it be Civil disobedience ? or not ?

Something else ?

1 Like

Good summary.

When 70% of constituency vote counts in the referendum were for Leave and 70% of MP’s were for Remain, this was always likely to lead to a fudge.

Confidence and trust in politicians and institutions generally were pretty low before the referendum. If the public perceive the outcome as being a fudge or a Remain in all but name, the results will be dark for democracy in the UK. Expect more radical single-issue groups and widespread civil disobedience with no specific achievable political aims, and this could go on for a long time.

1 Like

Hope you are wrong on this one - seems Arlene Foster has been meeting with UVF and UDA leaders re Brexit - not sure the reasons since no such meetings with business or fisheries or farmers.

It’s one of many - from the EU pov it’s a mess, so they will do little or nothing over the next few days in the hope that the UK can get their act together.

There is a fast diminishing appetite for an extension, most vociferous is France, it’s not an anti-brit thing it’s just called Brexit Fatigue.

Back to the question - election will def happen, but could result in no majority - the opposition are led by a faction that does not attract huge numbers, the ruling party is becoming a faction - and in between, the middle ground where usually the votes are, well they too a broken by factions each with their own agenda - a sorry mess.

Is there a white knight in the midst of all this? - there is but he is being drowned out.

Thank you both for giving me the “inside” update. It makes my head spin, so I can only imagine what you are going through. I always look for parallel’s to the US, and, of course, there are always many.
Trump is our Brexit, making promises that got him elected and getting no cooperation from the opposing party or even with bureaucrats with his party, despite the popular vote.

Are you implying Nigel?

No - Nigel is looking for an extension too.

Don’t make me beg…

1 Like

Once again we have to go to Australia - to hear what’s going on over here ! Nigel doesn’t like the Boris fudge" and would take an extension in teh hope that an Election could be had - before it is too late to fix it !

1 Like

Interesting that you probably get the best simplified and reasonably unbiased (or a little biased each way perhaps?) view of this, here on Babypips - , that you’d get anywhere !

Yes - amazing how there are parallels between these two isn’t it ? - With Google, You tube, Mainstream Media etc keeping the public well in the dark as far as they can !

Thanks for the link to Nigel. Understand even more.
When he said “50% of the people don’t understand…” I, again, could only relate it to here.

He has authored and co-authored a few books, there is a central theme summarized in two words.

Some years ago we were walking home late at night, there were about 5 of us, all males, I was the eldest.

We had been to a pool match so we were carrying our pool cues in their little black cases (we took the game very serious).

Suddenly out jumped a British soldier, face blackened and gun raised.

Who are you, what are your names, what have you been doing?, he barked.

The soldier focused in particular on one of our group - it happened that this guy was asthmatic so he kind of stumbled in his answering.

Being eldest I took charge - “you are permitted under the law only to ask where are we coming from and to where are we going, I will answer only those two questions” I shouted back.

The soldier backed off -“I’m only doing what they told me to do” - in that brief moment I understood what it means to be Human and to have Rights.

Labour Wants to keep Tories in power for another YEAR !

Where do you ever find an “opposition Party” Scared sh**less of a General Election ???!

EUSSR colludes with remoaners to make UK Generall Election impossible !

Well I’ve said it before I think - the aim of politics isn’t to get various laws or policies passed, it is to get power. Get power is No.1, avoid blame is No.2. If you can avoid blame, the power will eventually come back.

I guess Corbyn wants to be in opposition (as ever), not in No.10, when the Brexit short-term disruption and economic damage starts to be seen.

Corbyn risks bleeding more and more support away as he blocks an election and Brexit. But he must be calculating the Conservatives will lose proportionately more supporters frustrated at the absence of any form of Brexit.

That last video - the presenter states “the EU have said that they will delay their decision until after the (Uk) general election”.

The video thus denounces the EU for interfering in UK democracy/politics.

I’m puzzled, cannot find the EU statement regarding the UK election, all that I can find is that the 27 ambassadors have recommended agreeing to the requested UK delay but that a decision on it’s length will be made by heads of Govt early next week in writing thus no need for yet another summit.

Likely the cause for this indecision is that France want an extension not beyond Mid Nov whereas there are others who prefer a ‘flexi extension’ i.e. set at 3 months after the most recent extension date but earlier if Westminister sign off on the PM’s great deal.

Btw - all these extensions - it’s the UK that keep asking for them, not the EU.

1 Like

I think you’ll find he doesn’t say that - rather something of the form ;

“the EU have said that they will delay their decision until after the (Uk) general election VOTE ”

The rest of your points follow on from that

• As does his own amplification of his logic :smile: