F*** Boris March

@Falstaff

A proud day when our trade negotiator told Barnier not to bother coming to London.

Cannot fault Boris one bit for his brexit stance

He’s just told him to come on over Michel tomorrow, all is forgiven and we are friends again :slight_smile:

Lots of people bet on that outcome :slight_smile:

And in the words of this thread (slightly altered) I say -

Fair play Boris - democracy has returned to No. 10 at last.

Hardly surprising that a ;leftist Irishman would take that view - I shall reserve comment until the facts of teh matter become more clear - but as you say it seems initially that the real Brexiteers are resigning ! - Presumably there is some sort of UK Capitulation “Deal” sitting in the background !

1 Like

First up I am proud to be Irish - why you feel the need to add the word ‘leftish’ is up to you.

Second - last time we spoke, some months ago, I asked why you cannot move on from ‘brexiteer’ - it’s old hat, yesterday’s story - nothing too do with brexit.

Watch this up ahead - who do you think will become Boris’s right hand man?

A wild guess - he’ll be elected, a Conservative, slightly baldy - and a guy who believes in politics - so much so that he would quit rather than betray his principles.

( if you really must drag the brexit thing into it he was leave, but like i say zilch to do with current departures)

Btw - for non UK guys -Dominic Cummings has been Boris Johnson’s right hand man since he became PM - he was viewed as a ‘power base’ in no.10.

He often derided MP’s because they went against his train of thought.

Why i chose to state that democracy has returned to no. 10 is because Mr Cummings has never stood for election - yet wielded much power.

I Don’t agree with everything that Pres Trump says or does, but he is elected and therefore what he says and does is democratic. Likewise Pres Elect Biden. And in the same token PM Johnson.

That’s the power of democracy - respect.

As indeed Ms Symonds wasn’t either ! Yet her power seems immense too !

Why you would claim this is not a Brexit issue - I have no idea !

As I said “Time will tell”

The girlfriend of the PM is for journalists to guess - like a soap opera - fiction (modern speak fake news)

Now as for time - this is what it is telling:

There will be a trade deal between the UK and EU - it’s outline will be published in the next one and half weeks - much noise will surround fishing, little around finance.

And then there will be talk about an upcoming deal with the US - almost as if the UK doesn’t currently with the US - (the 5th largest trading partner right now).

And then, in time, the talk will be about chickens - but know where the wealth is? , it’s not in fish nor in chickens - it’s in finance.

So a US company buys into the EU (they do from time to time) and some USD needs to get changed to Euro - guess to where they turn?

5th largest trading partner? - it’s not chickens, iron ore, oil, bourbon, beef or any other commodity - over 70% is ….money

To trade money with the EU a person needs a passport - and to get a EU passport a non-EU person needs an agreement.

I posted this some time ago:

Of course there will be a deal ! - There never was any doubt of that ! - and I repeat it looks as though it will be another UK Capitulation ! - Time will tell !

Oh - forgot to mention - 2 days ago Boris took a call from Pres Elect Biden.

Most of the UK news channels were reporting re the differences between the incoming Biden admin and the UK - that’s not how it works out in real life - soap operas aside.

The one thing to note - Biden made the call - yes he’s Irish but he is also American - and America comes first.

This thinking really puzzles me - for the life of me i cannot understand how making a deal with a trading partner is capitulation - i do it every day of my life - I make a deal - some are hard, some not so, but a deal is a deal.

Believe me - we all will benefit - your grandchildren, my grandchildren will benefit from trade deals - that’s the way all of us do things - us old guys are a side show - the modern world has side stepped our thinking.

You are allowed to be puzzled - if you so desire.

That is far from true - we are in the process of an evolutionary experiment - SOME wish to continue it - MANY do not ! - Many more are not even aware that Some are proposing an existential change from the norm - since it has mainly been undertaken by stealth and deception. That is the context of the issues of Brexit - Identity Politics - Cancel Culture - USA “Elections” and the EU citizens who are wanting their own countres to emulate the UK in their escape.

Who will ‘win’ - Globalists ? Traditionalists ? CCCP ? Islam ? - or another group we have not as yet heard of ?

Time will tell !

Whichever way you look at the known facts, Boris Johnson comes out of this poorly. His top two lieutenants have quit in a week. Its possible he appointed people who were personally unsuited to their recent roles or who were incompetent in them. That’s not good.

Alternatively, they were right for their jobs but he could not find any way to retain two competent and loyal members of staff. That’s maybe even worse.

In summary, it doesn’t look like he’s controlling No.10, he’s just drifting with the tide of events. But he isn’t a stupid man: I think he already has a draft resignation letter in his jacket pocket.

2 Likes

Hmmm. good chance the opposite.

Back to trading - watch closely Gbp come Monday - economics say to sell - let’s see how the market sees it.

It’s a real shame that he “is the best we had” - at the time @tommor - I think most of us were aware that self interest and the “Survival of the Conservative Party” are really what governed his actions - and now it seems to be that he is going soft, mainstream and woke !

Sometimes it’s Good to be OLD ! :wink:

Seems both he and “Harry” have a similar outlook on life ! :roll_eyes:

The reason for the departures was made clear today in the British press and as quoted nothing to do with falstaff’s fixation on brexit - all to do with derogatory name calling of the PM’s fiancee.

I will not repeat the name calling nor link to it - it has been going for months according to the dailymail - bottom line a nasty piece of work that should have been sacked back when he went on a specsaver tour of the North during lock-down.

Anyways, time to get out of this thread since there’s some name calling coming my way :slight_smile:

1 Like

It all comes back to Boris Johnson. A determines, competent, respected and credible manager neither has subordinates who call his fiancee names, nor stories alleging that his subordinate called his fiancee names.

I think come January we can expect to hear two things in close succession - “Happy New Year” and “Goodbye Boris”.

American ignorance here…no confidence vote and call for re elections?

No, he’ll just resign, but that does not trigger a General Election, it just means his party gets to choose a new leader they would like to be Prime Minister.

Ahhh. Thanks. I’m trying to stay out of your politics as we’ve got a little bit
of crap going on over here. Of course, I could pretend to know-it-all like some
Brits when they talk about America…:wink: